Golden Legacy is a traditional video slot released by up-and-coming software supplier SimplePlay in July 2022. The game uses a conventional grid with five reels and three rows, but deviates from the beaten path by offering as many as 243 winning ways per spin rather than awarding payouts on standard paylines. Players join an unnamed adventurer in his search for a mystical island somewhere in the Pacific full of treasures untold. The game is chock full of rewarding bonus features and special symbols, including stacked wilds, scatters, wild lock respins, wild nudges, and up to 12 free spins.
|Golden Legacy Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: SimplePlay||Release Date: 2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Adventure|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 243 ways to win||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.18%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: High||Progressive Jackpot: Yes|
|Min Bet: 6||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 1500||Max Win: 500x|
Golden Legacy Theme
There is a particularly high demand for adventure-themed slots at the moment and SimplePlay definitely delivers with this release. The spinning action in Golden Legacy revolves around the adventures of an unknown daredevil who scours the globe in search of a mystical island laden with gold. The adventure theme is complemented by epic background music that sounds like John Williams’ scores to the Indiana Jones series. All high-value symbols relate to the treasure-hunting theme of the game and include fedora hats, pistols, whips, maps, compasses, and flask bottles.
How Golden Legacy Compares to Other Slot Games
As much as we hate to admit it, SimplePlay has borrowed heavily from other popular treasure-hunting slots like those from Pragmatic Play’s John Hunter and Play’n GO’s Rich Wilde series. Unlike these studios, however, SimplePlay did not bother to name its protagonist, which slightly takes away from the game’s depth and prevents players from bonding with the character.
One thing that Golden Legacy has in common with the above-mentioned slot series is high volatility. The game’s payout percentage is nearly identical to those of the slots from the John Hunter series where the RTP also revolves around 96%. What Golden Legacy has that other similar slots lack is a multi-tiered progressive jackpot that accumulates across all online casinos that partner with SimplePlay.
More similar slots:
- John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen by Pragmatic Play
- Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness by Play’n GO
- Cat Wilde and the Doom of Dead by Play’n GO
- Jungle Jim and the Lost Sphinx by Microgaming/Stormcraft Studios
Golden Legacy Symbols and Payouts
Reel spinners who decide to give this game a go can bet up to $1,500 per round, which renders Golden Legacy the perfect fit for slot high-rollers. Winning combinations pay from left to right whenever matching symbols appear in any position on adjacent reels. The only exception to this rule is the scatter with the scary golden mask, which awards payouts in both directions. Each spin can result in as many as 243 winning ways.
The largest prizes are awarded for combinations containing three to five identical theme-related symbols like the fedora hat, pistol, whip, treasure map, compass, and flask. Out of these, the fedora offers the most value as it is capable of awarding as much as 5 times the triggering bet. The tired playing cards nine through ace are used for the low-value payouts. These award between 0.5 and 8 times the winning bet, depending on the combination.
|Golden Legacy Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Golden Mask Scatter||2x||1.5x||2.5x|
Bonus Features Overview
Incorporating lots of rewarding features into their slots is one of the biggest strengths of SimplePlay and Golden Legacy perfectly exemplifies this. The only thing missing in this release is a pick-me bonus game but the developers have compensated for this omission by including a lucrative round of free spins, stacked wilds, scatters, respins, and wild nudges. Let’s have a closer look at the bonus features reels spinners can hunt for in Golden Legacy.
Wilds and Scatters
The nameless treasure hunter is wild and substitutes for all symbols except for the scattered golden mask. The daring adventurer stacks to cover the second, third, and fourth reels in full, further boosting your chances of landing a mega win. The wild awards no payouts on its own. The scattered golden mask is special in its own way since it pays in any direction, unlike regular symbols which must align from left to right to produce payouts. Additionally, three or more scatters appearing simultaneously trigger the round of free spins in Golden Legacy.
Players trigger 12 free spins whenever they land three, four, or five scattered golden masks during a single round. It is possible to unleash additional free spins by landing the same triggering combination of scatters during the feature. Three stacked wilds landing on one of the middle reels trigger a respin at no extra cost for the player.
The reel containing the triggering stacks of wilds locks in position while the remaining reels respin for free. Respins can continue indefinitely as long as stacked wilds appear on one of the middle reels. Another great thing about the respin feature is that it can occur both in the base game and during free spins. Last but not least, there is a wild nudge feature that occurs during free spins only. Wilds appearing during the bonus round nudge one position until they cover the entire reel vertically.
Pros & Cons of Golden Legacy
- Maximum bets are large enough to accommodate high rollers.
- Players can win one of three progressive jackpots.
- There are plenty of bonus features to keep you invested in the gameplay.
- The developers did not add a pick-me bonus game.
- Treasure hunting is hardly the most original theme for an online slot.
- The game’s high volatility might put off under-bankrolled players.
Golden Legacy FAQs
- Does Golden Legacy offer a progressive jackpot?
- Like most slots released by SimplePlay, Golden Legacy links to a wide-area progressive network that comprises all online casinos partnering with the software studio. Players can potentially bag one of three progressive prizes (Mini, Minor, or Major). Triggering the jackpot is possible at the conclusion of any spin even if it fails to produce a regular winning combination. It is worth mentioning that larger wagers stand better chances of unlocking one of the three progressive jackpots.
- Is Golden Legacy a fair game?
- You can rest assured Golden Legacy is a fair game as it uses a random number generator that produces fully unpredictable outcomes. The entire portfolio of SimplePlay is certified for fairness by the prominent third-party auditing agency BMM Testlabs. All games, Golden Legacy included, undergo regular inspections to identify and eliminate any potential malfunctions.
- What languages does Golden Legacy support?
- SimplePlay targets primarily customers from the Asian markets, which is why its games support mostly native languages like Vietnamese, traditional and simplified Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Indonesian. Of course, the default language of the user interface is English.
- Can I use autoplay in Golden Legacy?
- Golden Legacy is equipped with an autoplay functionality that enables you to play an unlimited number of rounds without hitting the button at the end of each spin. The settings allow you to go through 50, 100, 200, 500, or 1,000 automatically played rounds. A turbo mode is also included to the benefit of spinners who prefer playing at a more dynamic pace.
- Are there any paylines in Golden Legacy?
- No, this video slot lacks conventional paylines and uses more modern payout mechanics capable of producing up to 243 winning ways per spin. All regular symbols pay when aligning from the leftmost to the rightmost reel. At least three matches must occur for the game to pay. The scattered golden mask is the only symbol that pays in both directions.