Fruit Storm is an action-packed slot courtesy of Apparat Gaming. The slot features the Storm Spins mechanic, where fruits and wilds are struck by lightning, and respins grant gaming aficionados more opportunities to luck out on wins. Apparat Gaming has utilized HTML5 technology in order to make Fruit Storm compatible with smartphone browsers and, therefore, excellent for gambling on the go. Players can also trust that the performance of the graphics will be fantastic regardless of whether they play on desktop computers or on their smartphones.
|Fruit Storm Slot Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Apparat Gaming||Release Date: 2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Fruit theme|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 4||Scatters: No|
|Paylines: 40 fixed lines||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 96.09%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Med-High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.1||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 40||Max Win: 2500x|
Fruit Storm Theme
Fruit Storm is a game that, at its core, pays homage to classic slots. The majority of symbols, like the Seven, the Bell, and the fruit icons, will be familiar to slot buffs who are fond of playing slots that one would find in the halls of classic gambling establishments. The stormy aspect of the game does feel quite fresh, however, especially as animated lightning is actually a part of the game’s Storm Spins feature. In terms of sound design, Fruit Storm once again performs quite well since a catchy beat accompanies players as they spin the reels.
How Fruit Storm Compares to Other Slot Games
If you are fond of classic slots and enjoy scoring wins via interesting bonus mechanics, Fruit Storm will be a fantastic game to pick up. Its 96.09% RTP meets the industry average, and while the game does not have a free spins mode, the Storm Spins Respin feature more than makes up for this.
As for its looks, Fruit Storm lives up to its name, with tasty cherries, grapes, and oranges being among the icons that will reward you with winnings. The Seven and the Bell symbols also suit the classic slot theme. In contrast, the Wild embodies the stormy aspect of the game’s aesthetic, but not to the detriment of the overall look. Thanks to the color palette, clean look, and lightning animations, Apparat Gaming’s developers have successfully allowed both core aspects of the game’s theme to complement one another.
More similar slots:
- Diamond Blitz 100 by Fugaso
- Laser Fruit by Red Tiger Gaming
- Fruit Shop™ by NetEnt
- Ultra Burst by Red Rake Gaming
Fruit Storm Symbols and Payouts
Winning combinations can form on a total of 40 paylines, and for a win to be achieved, the sequence of matched icons must start from the leftmost reel. In most cases, at least 3 identical symbols should appear on a payline.
The ever-iconic Seven is Fruit Storm’s very best icon, granting players their bet times 62.5 if they are favored by Lady Luck, and five copies of this icon land on the same payline. Exceptionally fortunate players who make the achievement of filling up the entire slot layout with Seven icons (or a combination of Seven symbols and Wilds) will be treated to Fruit Storm’s max win of 2,500x. Another unique aspect of the Seven is how it happens to be the only symbol in the game with a 2-reel payout.
Besides the Seven, the rest of the icons also follow the classic fruit slots theme. The only exception is the Wild, which has lightning and clouds as its background. The second-best icon payout-wise is the Bell, and watermelons, grapes, and other fruits make up the rest of the game’s selection of symbols.
|Fruit Storm Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||2 Matches||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
While Fruit Storm does not have a dedicated Scatter, this does not mean that the game suffers from a lack of bonus features. On the contrary, Fruit Storm has the Storm Spins feature, which involves respins, and its trigger is the first reel being filled with identical icons. A Wild symbol is also a part of Fruit Storm’s icon roster.
Wilds and Scatters
Fruit Storm’s lone unique icon is the Wild. This is a traditional Wild icon, that is, its function is to act as a substitute for the rest of Fruit Storm’s icons. The Wild can land on the second, third, fourth, and fifth reels exclusively. Whenever the Storm Spins feature is activated, this symbol also turns into a Sticky Wild and, therefore, remains on the reels until that instance of the Storm Spins mechanic is over.
Storm Spins Feature
Triggering the Storms Spins mechanic involves landing 4 copies of the same icon within the first reel. Once this occurs, the rest of the reels finish the spin, and the player is granted 2 respins, which are free of charge.
The icons that activate the feature are struck by lightning and remain on the reels until both respins have been used up. As mentioned above, Wilds also become sticky during the Storm Spins mechanic.
After the second respin ends, the player’s total win is calculated based on the payline wins the symbol that initially triggered the feature has potentially formed. Do note, however, that it is possible for winning combinations to not form from the Storm Spins feature. This can be the result of either not enough icon copies or wilds landing or the eligible symbols not appearing on the second or third reel. Either outcome will mean that the given Storm Spins instance will end without wins.
Pros & Cons of Fruit Storm
- The Storm Spins Respin feature is exciting
- The game can be played in a variety of languages, including but not limited to English, Polish, German, Finnish, French, and Spanish
- Fruit Storm’s max potential win is 2,500x the player’s bet
- No bonus game
- While a classic, the fruit theme is still relatively common
- The slot does not have a free spins mode
Fruit Storm FAQs
- Is Fruit Storm suitable for mobile gameplay?
- Yes, Fruit Storm is indeed compatible with smartphones. The slot is powered by HTML5, making it possible for players to launch the game on their favorite mobile browsers. This also ensures that gambling devotees will not be faced with compatibility issues and that the slot will run well regardless of whether one’s device runs on Android or iOS.
- Does Fruit Storm have a progressive jackpot feature?
- No, Fruit Storm does not feature jackpot mechanics. The maximum possible win in Fruit Storm is a fixed reward of 2,500x one’s bet, which can be achieved if either the Seven icon becomes the only symbol on the reels during a round of Storm Spins or the reels are filled with both Seven symbols and Wilds.
- Will I need to pay additional bets for the 2 respins of the Storm Spins feature?
- No, the only spin that requires you to place money at stake is the spin that triggers the Storm Spins mechanic. The 2 respins are free of charge. Similar to traditional free spins, each win granted by the respins is calculated based on the wager that triggered the feature.