Royal Chip is a classic fruit-themed slot released by Estonian software supplier Gamzix in March 2023. We are confident the game will appeal to slot purists looking for a straightforward gaming experience devoid of overcomplicated bonus features. This is precisely what Royal Chip delivers as it offers 3 reels with 5 fixed paylines and a single bonus feature awarding random multipliers that reach a whopping 999 times your bet.
The developers have additionally incorporated a gamble feature that allows players to potentially double their winnings on successful spins. Purchasing the bonus game is an option for those lacking the patience required to trigger it manually. Royal Chip supports smartphones, tablets, and desktop devices, allowing spinners to have a jolly good time regardless of time and location.
|Royal Chip Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Gamzix||Release Date: 2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Fruit theme|
|Reels: 3||Wild Symbols: No|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 5 fixed lines||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 96%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Low||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 25||Max Win: 999x|
Royal Chip Theme
Looking at the screenshot above, it immediately becomes apparent Royal Chip has little to offer on the originality front. This retro game has a classic design, with the three reels rotating against a vintage baroque wallpaper background that conveys a sense of luxury and prestige. The developers have successfully retained the authenticity of classic fruit slots, while giving the game more flair with an uptempo soundtrack that keeps players elevated as they spin the reels.
The shimmering logo of the game is positioned above the reels, with the letter ‘O’ in ‘Royal’ shaped like a red casino chip with a golden crown in the middle. Familiar fruits like grapes, cherries, oranges, lemons, and plums comprise the set of symbols players will encounter on the reels, along with lucky sevens and triple stars. The graphics are crispy and polished, which adds to the visual appeal of Royal Chip.
How Royal Chip Compares to Other Slot Games
It wouldn’t be far-fetched to say there are literally hundreds of slots with a fruit theme on the internet, so Royal Chip hardly shines where originality is concerned. Grand Spinn by NetEnt is only one of the numerous slot releases that bear a striking resemblance to Royal Chip in terms of visual presentation and design. The main difference that sets these two releases apart is that Grand Spinn links to a progressive jackpot that can hit whenever the three jackpot symbols land on the center payline. Also, Grand Spinn is richer in bonus features as it offers wilds with multipliers and a Nudge functionality that activates after each winning combination.
More Similar Slots:
- Grand Spinn by NetEnt (96.21% RTP)
- Exploding Fruits by Evoplay (96.00% RTP)
- Fruit Strike by Max Win Gaming (95.05% RTP)
- Frooty Licious by Eyecon (90.74% RTP)
Royal Chip Symbols and Payouts
As is typical for most classic three-reel slots, Royal Chip has a limited number of paylines as winning combos can align either on one of the three horizontal rows or diagonally. In other words, players have only 5 fixed lines to win on. The rules of the game dictate that the matching fruit, star, or lucky seven symbols must land from left to right on the reels.
Players must score three-of-a-kind to bag a payout, which is another trait classic fruit-themed slots commonly share. The lucky sevens are your best bet as they reward players with the largest payout this game has to offer, or 60 times the winning line wager. The cherries are the least valuable symbol, returning even money for three matches.
|Royal Chip Winning Combinations and Payouts|
Bonus Features Overview
If you are accustomed to spinning the reels of modern slots with tons of special features, Royal Chip is almost certainly not the most suitable game for you to try. This slot is short on special features as it offers neither wilds, nor free spins. The most players can anticipate from this release is a bonus game that triggers with three special symbols that serve no other function whatsoever.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
As we already warned you, Royal Chip has no wild substitution symbol to assist players in hitting more winning combinations. With this in mind, the developers have added a bonus symbol that partially behaves like a scatter because it triggers the only special feature in Royal Chip. Said symbol is shaped like a red casino chip with a crown in the center but triggering the bonus feature is pretty much all it does as it pays nothing.
Bonus Game with Multipliers
Keep your fingers crossed for landing three chip symbols, one on each reel, as this combination is your key to unlocking the only special feature in Royal Chip. Once you activate the feature, the game will reward you with an instant cash prize whose value ranges from 1 to 999 times your base bet. This is pretty much all there is to this feature.
If you struggle to activate it with the triggering symbol combination, Gamzix gives you the option to instantly purchase the feature at the expense of 80 times your total bet. Similarly to many other classic slots, Royal Chip enables players to gamble their winnings via a standard gamble feature that becomes available after each successful spin. The player’s profits double on condition they pull out a card of a larger denomination than the dealer’s card.
Pros & Cons of Royal Chip
- The simple gameplay makes this game a perfect fit for rookie spinners.
- The multipliers in the bonus game are higher than what most other classic slots can offer.
- The slot is fully optimized for play on the go.
- The gamble feature has a shockingly low payback percentage (86.00%).
- The Bonus Buy feature is quite costly.
- There are hardly any bonus features in this game.
Royal Chip Slot FAQs
- Am I guaranteed to double my profits with the gamble feature?
- Unfortunately, there is no guarantee players will succeed in doubling their winnings by using the gamble feature. Your profits double only on condition you draw a card whose denomination is higher than that of the house’s card. Drawing a weaker card will cause you to lose your winnings from the last round.
- Can I win a progressive jackpot in Royal Chip?
- Some Gamzix slot releases offer progressive jackpots but Royal Chip is, unfortunately, not among them. If enormous progressive pots are what you are after, we recommend you try the studio’s Wolf Story and Buffalo Ice releases.
- Is Royal Chip affordable for small-scale spinners?
- Royal Chip is very affordable to play, even if you have set a small bankroll aside. The betting action starts at 10 cents per spin, while the maximum reaches $25 per round. On top of that, the game has a high enough payback percentage (96%) and low volatility, meaning that wins will be frequent, albeit smaller in size.