Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin is a 5×3 video slot by Gamzix with 20 non-adjustable win lines. The game borrows its theme from the culture and folklore of the Emerald Isle, taking players to the Irish countryside where they will meet a mischievous leprechaun with a traditional cocked hat, pointy ears, and ginger beard.
The slot boasts a mixture of fascinating special symbols and features, including wilds, scatters, mystery symbols, a Hold the Spin bonus game, and a free spins round that consists of three different levels. Players can also win one of four fixed jackpots (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum), the largest of which amounts to 5,000 times their total wager. Volatility is high and the long-term payback percentage of the game averages 96.00%.
|Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Gamzix||Release Date: 2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Leprechauns|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 20 fixed lines||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 24||Max Win: 5200x|
Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Theme
Rolled out just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day, this 2023 release by Gamzix is the embodiment of Irish traditions and culture. It takes spinners deep into the heart of the Irish countryside, with a background revealing lush green meadows, rainbows, and a winding streamlet below the reels.
The reels are encased in wood and various thematic symbols are incorporated into the gameplay, including pots of gold, green top hats adorned with four-leaf clovers, smoking pipes, beer mugs, and horseshoes. A grinning ginger leprechaun appears on the reels as a wild symbol to aid players in creating more winning combinations. The traditional Irish tune playing as you spin the reels will surely cheer you up and get you in the right mood.
How Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Compares to Other Slot Games
The Emerald Isle with its rich culture has become a popular theme for online slot developers and most, if not all, software studios have drawn inspiration from Irish folklore over the years. Microgaming is among the best examples. The Isle of Man-based supplier has released many Irish-themed slots over the years but 9 Pots of Gold is perhaps its most prominent creation inspired by Irish traditions.
Designed by Microgaming’s partner studio Gameburger Studios, the game shares certain common features with Patrick’s Coin since it also uses 5 reels, 3 reels, and 20 fixed win lines. In 9 Pots of Gold, players will also benefit from free spins with multipliers on all wins generated during the feature. The game has medium volatility and its payback percentage of 96.24% is slightly higher than that of Patrick’s Coin, which returns 96% of all money wagered in the long run.
More Similar Slots:
- 9 Pots of Gold by Microgaming/Gameburger Studios (96.24% RTP)
- Wish Upon a Leprechaun by Blueprint Gaming (95.95% RTP)
- Irish Luck by Eyecon (95.04% RTP)
- Leprechaun’s Magic Megaways by Red Tiger Gaming (96.02% RTP)
Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Symbols and Payouts
Patrick’s Coin is playable for as little as 20 cents per spin, while the highest total wager per round is set at $24. Players hoping to lift some cash in this game must land three to five alike symbols on one or more of the twenty fixed paylines to pocket a payout. Winning combinations must start from left to right to pay out. The grinning leprechaun is fittingly the most potent symbol when it comes to winning capacity. It pays up to 15 times the bet for five-of-a-kind.
The horseshoe promises maximum rewards equal to 12 times the winning stake for five matches, followed by the green top hat (8x), the beer mug (6x), and the smoking pipe (4x). The low-value cards A, K, Q, and J all offer maximum payouts of 2 times the winning bet. Their letters are intricately styled and look as if made from polished wood of different colors.
|Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Green Top Hat||0.4x||1.6x||8x|
|Pot of Gold||1x||–||–|
Bonus Features Overview
Gamzix’s developers added a nice mixture of special features to Patrick’s Coin to capture and retain the attention of players. There are three different special symbols, a bonus game, and a free spins feature that comprises three different levels players must advance through. Four jackpots can be won during the bonus game, the biggest of which reaches 5,000 times your total wager.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Players have three different special symbols to anticipate in Patrick’s Coin, starting with the wild leprechaun that substitutes all regular icons in the game. The wild leprechaun can appear on all five reels in the base game as well as during free spins. The symbol with the pot of gold is the scatter, which pays even money in any position for three-of-a-kind. The scatter is available only in the base game and initiates the free spins feature when landing simultaneously on the second, third, and fourth reels. The gold coin activates the bonus game whenever six of its symbols appear on the reels at the same time.
The three-level free spins feature kicks off whenever scattered pots of gold hit the second, third, and fourth reels at the same time. Players start at the first level with 8 free spins that play with high-value symbols only. The wild leprechaun and the bonus icon with the gold coin are also present on the reels during the entry-level free spins. Players must trigger the feature repeatedly to progress to the other two levels.
The second level rewards them with 15 free spins where all symbols, bar the scatter, are in play. At the third level, you get another batch of 8 free spins where a regular symbol randomly transforms into a wild on each bonus round. Only the bonus symbols cannot turn wild during this level. The scattered pot of gold does not appear during free spins, making it impossible for players to retrigger the feature. You can buy your entry into the free spins at a price equal to 30 times your base bet.
The bonus game commences whenever you land six or more bonus symbols with coins during free spins or in the main game. It awards three respins and all triggering coin icons remain in position on the reels for the full duration of the feature. Any subsequently appearing coin resets your respins meter to its original value. Players receive the prizes on top of the coins at the end of the feature.
Mystery symbols transforming into bronze, silver, or gold coins are also incorporated into the bonus game. The bronze, silver, and gold coins award the corresponding fixed jackpots. The highest Platinum jackpot is won whenever a player manages to collect 15 coins of any type during the bonus game.
Pros & Cons of Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin
- There is a profusion of special symbols and bonus features.
- The game has a maximum win exposure of 5,200 times the bet.
- The multi-level free spins keep things interesting.
- The Irish theme is overused and unoriginal.
- Maximum bets are quite low which may discourage high rollers from trying the slot.
- The bonus game is hard to trigger.
Patrick’s Coin: Hold the Spin Slot FAQs
- How can I win one of the four fixed jackpots in Patrick’s Coin?
- Winning one of the four jackpots (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum) is possible only during the bonus game. The first three jackpots are awarded whenever random bronze, silver, or gold coins appear during the feature. The Platinum Jackpot goes to the player who collects all 15 random coins in the bonus game.
- Is there a gamble feature in Patrick’s Coin?
- Like most Gamzix slots, Patrick’s Coin has a gamble feature players can activate by clicking the small button with the cards on the right side of the reel grid. Using this feature is only possible after spins that have produced winning combinations. It involves a mini game where four random cards are dealt but only the first one is revealed. Players must select one of the remaining four hidden cards and have their winnings on the last spin doubled if their pick trumps the exposed card.
- What can I do to speed up the pace of the gameplay in Patrick’s Coin?
- We suggest you take advantage of the Turbo Mode feature, which significantly accelerates the pace of the game. You can turn it on by clicking or tapping the small thunderbolt-shaped icon located right next to the Spin button.