With Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin by Gamxiz, players travel to the lands of the Ancient Egyptians and trek through the sandy dunes of the desert in search of the immense riches of the pharaohs. Released in February 2023, this is a 5×3 video slot that awards payouts on 20 non-adjustable win lines. This Egyptian-themed game is well worth playing as it comes with a maximum win exposure of 5,200 times your bet.
Four fixed jackpots are up for grabs – Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The game is jam-packed with cool features, including a free spins round consisting of three levels and a bonus game with additional respins and mystery symbols that award one of the four jackpot prizes. Players can enjoy this enticing Gamzix release for as little as 20¢ per spin, with maximum wagers capped at $24. Volatility is within the medium range and the game’s long-term payback percentage averages 96%.
|Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Gamzix||Release Date: 02.2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Ancient civilizations, Egypt|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 20 fixed lines||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 24||Max Win: 5200x|
Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin Theme
With Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin, Gamzix revisits one of the most popular themes among slot developers, that of the Ancient Egyptian civilization. The designers have crafted an evocative setting dominated by lotus flowers and palm trees. Sand dunes stretch into the distance as far as the eye can see, with ancient pyramids looming behind the reel grid.
This imagery is complemented by the familiar set of symbols containing Egyptian deities and rulers, including Bastet, Ra, and a pharaoh. The soundtrack is what one would expect to hear in any other Egyptian-themed slot. Traditional Oriental music is playing in the background while you spin the reels.
How Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin Compares to Other Slot Games
Reel spinners are definitely not short on Egyptian-themed titles as this ancient civilization has been a source of inspiration for numerous software studios in the past. Gamzix themselves have explored this theme before in the original version of Sunny Coin: Hold the Spin, released in 2021. The sequel is shockingly identical to this earlier version as it uses the same symbols, background, and number of paylines.
The values of the four available jackpots and the prizes listed in the paytable also coincide. The same goes for the special features which largely overlap in the two releases. The sequel uses different sound effects and offers an additional mystery symbol during the bonus game that improves your chances of landing a jackpot. These are pretty much the only aspects in which Sunny Coin 2 deviates from the original 2021 release. So if you are looking for something different, we suggest you try one of the Egyptian-themed slots recommended below.
More similar slots:
- Scroll of Seth by Play’n GO (96.31% RTP)
- Egyptian Fortunes by Pragmatic Play (96.50% RTP)
- Ra’s Legend by Red Tiger Gaming (96.09% RTP)
- Coins of Egypt by NetEnt (96.97% RTP)
Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin Symbols and Payouts
The hunt for ancient treasures unfolds on 5 reels with 3 rows and 20 paylines whose number is set, making it impossible for players to deactivate some of the lines. To pocket a payout in this game, players must match three, four, or five identical symbols on one or more paylines. The winning combinations must run from the left to right on the reels to reward you with a payout.
The wilds award the highest win multiplier in the base game, returning up to 15 times the winning bet for five-of-a-kind with their symbol. The Egyptian queen pays 12 times the bet for five matches, followed by Ra (8x), Bastet (6x), and the pharaoh (4x). The standard A, K, Q, and J are used for the low-value combinations. All four low payers award the same payouts of 0.4x for three, 0.8x for four, and 2x for five.
|Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
Sunny Coin 2 offers a nice range of special features, including wilds, scatters, and bonus symbols. Players have three levels of free spins to advance through but the biggest attraction this slot has to offer is undoubtedly the bonus game. It uses Gamzix’s trademark Hold the Spin bonus game, which consists of respins with bonus and mystery symbols sticking onto the reels, potentially awarding one of the four fixed jackpots.
Wilds and Scatters
The scatter with the pyramids appears in the base game only and pays even money for combinations containing three of a kind. Being scattered, the pyramids pay in any position and do not necessarily have to land on a payline to award a prize. Three scatters hitting during the same round takes players to the free spins feature but more on this in the next section.
The substitution symbol is instantly recognizable since it contains the word ‘wild” set against a burning hot sun. This symbol counts as all regular icons, helping players complete more winning combinations. An additional bonus icon is also incorporated into the gameplay to trigger the Hold the Spin bonus game.
Three scatters landing simultaneously on the three middle reels take players to the free spins feature, which consists of the following three levels:
- Level 1 – 8 free spins with wilds, bonus and high-value symbols only appearing on the reels
- Level 2 – 15 free spins with all symbols in play (except the scatter)
- Level 3 – 8 free spins with regular symbols randomly turning into wilds
Players advance through the levels by repeatedly unlocking the free spins. The feature is impossible to retrigger because the triggering scatter symbols appear during the base game only. Spinners can instantly access the feature at its current level by taking advantage of the Bonus Buy option, which comes at the cost of 30 times their total bet.
Hold the Spin Bonus Game
The Hold the Spin bonus game starts whenever six or more bonus symbols with golden coins simultaneously hit the reels in any position. Unique to Gamzix slots, this feature can trigger both in the main game and during free spins. Players initially get three respins but the feature can continue indefinitely as long as they keep landing bonus coin symbols. Each bonus symbol remains in place and resets the counter to three respins.
A special mystery coin also makes an appearance on the reels, randomly transforming into the other bonus symbols. The Bronze, Gold, and Silver coins award their corresponding jackpots. The largest Platinum jackpot goes to the player who succeeds in covering the entire reel grid with coin symbols. You need 15 coins for this purpose.
Pros & Cons of Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin
- Three different levels of free spins are available
- Players can snag a fixed jackpot of up to 5,000x
- The payback percentage is acceptable
- The sequel is almost an exact replica of the original Sunny Coin slot
- Free spins cannot be retriggered
- The low betting range is unlikely to accommodate high rollers
Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin FAQs
- Why is the gamble feature inactive on some spins?
- You must align a winning combination on a payline for the gamble feature to activate. If you accept the gamble, the software will deal five random playing cards, but only the first one is exposed. Players must select a higher card from the four hidden cards to double their profits from the last round.
- What is the win frequency of Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin?
- Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin has medium volatility, so winning and losing spins are fairly balanced. The game’s hit frequency is estimated at approximately 24%, which means roughly one in four spins will result in a payout on average in the long run.
- Can I play Sunny Coin 2: Hold the Spin on the go?
- Yes, you can enjoy the sequel of Sunny Coin on any device your heart desires as long as it is not ancient. The game is compatible with all smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers, regardless of what operating system they run on. Multiple language and currency options are supported as well.