Ruby Win: Hold the Spin is a fun fruit-themed slot released by Gamzix in mid-February 2023. The release poses as a mixture of classic and video slots. Like classic slots, it uses fruits for symbols and plays on a smaller 3×3 reel grid with a limited number of paylines, 5 to be precise. On the other hand, Ruby Win is similar to video slots in that it offers special symbols like wilds and scatters that kickstart a bonus game with free respins.
The in-game jackpot with four tiers is another aspect that sets Ruby Win apart from classic three-reel slots. Players get the chance to win the Mini, Minor, Major, and Grand prizes during the bonus feature. It is worth pointing out these are fixed rather than progressive jackpots, so the most you can win is capped at 1,000 times your bet for the Grand pot. The overall maximum win exposure is estimated at 3,600 times your wager, rendering Ruby Win a game that is well worth trying.
|Ruby Win: Hold the Spin Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Gamzix||Release Date: 2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Fruit theme, Gems|
|Reels: 3||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 5 fixed lines||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 96.10%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 25||Max Win: 3600x|
Ruby Win: Hold the Spin Theme
Ruby Win is a fruit-themed slot where most winning combinations form with your typical watermelons, grapes, plums, oranges, lemons, and cherries. The rubies the game borrows its name from appear as special symbols on the reels and trigger the bonus game. The design is beyond simplistic as is usual for most classic slots.
The three reels rotate within a metallic gold-colored casing and are pasted on top of a generic pink background. The values of the four in-game jackpots are displayed above the reel grid and different colored gems represent each prize. The symbols are nicely rendered, with bold colors and sharp outlines, which is not always the case with classic slots.
How Ruby Win: Hold the Spin Compares to Other Slot Games
This fruit-themed release by Gamzix is comparable to Fruit Bonanza by Play’n GO, which also features juicy mouth-watering fruits as symbols on the reels. The main difference between the two games results from the fact Fruit Bonanza has 5 rather than 3 reels and 9 paylines for the winning combinations to align on.
The four-tiered jackpot in Fruit Bonanza is progressive rather than fixed. The jackpot winning criteria also differ as players must land five jackpot symbols on the ninth payline to pocket the largest of the four pots. By comparison, the biggest of the four jackpots in Ruby Win is awarded when its corresponding ruby symbol appears during the bonus game.
More similar slots:
- Fruit Zen by Betsoft (95.96% RTP)
- Fruit Shop by NetEnt (96.71% RTP)
- Fruit Frenzy by RealTime Gaming (97.50% RTP)
- Fruit Bonanza by Play’n GO (93.05% RTP)
Ruby Win: Hold the Spin Symbols and Payouts
Ruby Win: Hold the Spin has a maximum winning capacity of 3,600 times your winning wager. The game pays for three identical symbols appearing from left to right on a payline. Players have three horizontal and two diagonal paylines to win on. The scatter with the red ruby is the only exception to this rule as it pays for three matches in any position. A three-of-a-kind with the lucky sevens awards the highest payout in the base game, amounting to 50 times the total wager. The symbol with the stars is the second-best payer in Ruby Win, rewarding spinners with 30 times their bet. The fruit symbols offer payouts ranging from 1 to 20 times your wager.
|Ruby Win: Hold the Spin Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Wild Lucky Sevens||50x|
Bonus Features Overview
Retro meets contemporary in Ruby Win, as players are treated to wilds, scatters, and a potentially rewarding bonus game that can enrich them with one of four fixed jackpot prizes. The special symbols combined with the bonus feature add more flair to this otherwise simple game, enhance the gameplay, and give you something to look forward to.
Wilds and Scatters
The base game comes with two special symbols, starting with the wild lucky sevens. Players can use them in place of all other icons with the exception of the pink ruby. The lucky sevens are extra special because they also award the largest individual payout in the base game (50x). The scatter in this slot is represented by a large sparkly pink ruby. It triggers the bonus game and offers instant cash prizes for three-of-a-kind.
Bonus Game with Respins
Players must hit a combination of three pink rubies to access the bonus game in Ruby Win. This is easily the most exciting feature this classic slot has in store for players and starts with three free respins. The bonus game plays with ruby symbols only and these can appear on all reels, awarding payouts of 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, or 15x.
Each new ruby appearing during the feature resets the respin meter to its starting value and drops one position down after each respin. Four additional gems can make a random appearance on the reels during the bonus game to award their corresponding fixed jackpots as follows:
- The blue gem triggers the Mini Jackpot (25x the total bet).
- The green gem pays the Minor Jackpot (50x).
- The orange gem awards the Major Jackpot (200x).
- The white gem offers the Grand Jackpot (1,000x).
Pros & Cons of Ruby Win: Hold the Spin
- The rubies reset the number of respins during the bonus game
- The four-level jackpot improves the slot’s appeal
- A maximum win exposure of 3,600x the total bet is quite decent for a three-reel slot
- The jackpots are fixed rather than progressive
- The fruit theme is getting old already
- The slot’s design is rather plain
Ruby Win: Hold the Spin FAQs
- Is Ruby Win: Hold the Spin a fair game?
- We assure you Ruby Win: Hold the Spin produces fully arbitrary outcomes that are provenly fair. All Gamzix slots are independently tested for fairness by respected third-party agencies like iTech Labs and Gaming Laboratories International (GLI).
- Can I unlock free spins in Ruby Win: Hold the Spin?
- No, but the respins awarded during the bonus game partially resemble the free spins feature. The bonus starts with three respins but the respins meter resets to its starting value each time one of the ruby gems makes an appearance on the reels.
- Can I double my winnings from successful spins?
- Yes, doubling your winnings is possible if you take advantage of the Gamble feature, which activates after each successful spin. You must tap or click the button with the three cards after a winning spin to enter the Gamble mode. Your goal is to pick a face-down card that outranks the exposed card of the virtual dealer. If you succeed, your profits from the last round double and you can pick again. If you fail, you lose all winnings generated during the last spin.