The developers of Felix Gaming once again prove they are masters at designing highly original slots with Shake! Shake!, a 2021 release that gives you 4 reels with 4 rows and 256 ways to win on every single spin. This cocktail-themed game is definitely worth looking into as it awards additional payouts whenever the wild bartender mixes different ingredients to recreate popular cocktails like the mojito, margarita, Long Island, and tequila sunrise.
Felix Gaming’s cocktail-making slot is very fresh in terms of theme but it lacks in the special features department as it has no free spins or bonus games. This should not prevent you from giving it a spin or two, though, since the visuals and animations truly are a feast for the eyes. The game is affordable as well. Players can enjoy it for as little as $0.20 per spin, although high rollers are also catered to with maximum bets of $60. Volatility is within the medium range, with the maximum win exposure reaching 713 times your total wager.
|Shake! Shake! Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 11.2021|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Cocktails|
|Reels: 4||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 4||Scatters: No|
|Paylines: 256 ways to win||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 96.16%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 60.00||Max Win: 713x|
Shake! Shake! Theme
This vibrant slot by Felix Gaming was inspired by lazy summer days spent on the beach while drinking delicious cocktails. Yummy fruits and glasses of unmixed liquor appear on four semi-transparent reels. The reel grid itself is shaped like an outdoor beach bar complete with stools, cocktail shakers, colorful pennants, and bottles of liquor. A suave bartender sits on the left side of the reels and welcomes players with a cocktail shaker in hand.
On the other side, you have a wooden pole with a neon cactus-shaped bar sign and plaques advertising different cocktails like the chelada, michelada, and margarita. Out of those, only the margarita appears in the game. A sunny beach with palms, loungers, and umbrellas can be seen in the distance, along with an azure blue sea. The laid-back Hawaiian tiki music playing in the background relaxes players and helps them fully immerse themselves in their tropical vacation.
How Shake! Shake! Compares to Other Slot Games
Vacationing and cocktails are common themes among software providers and Felix Gaming is no exception to this rule. The deliciously rendered Shake! Shake! is one of many cocktail-themed slots that makes you dream of lounging lazily on a sunny beach with a tasty drink in hand. The game resembles Cocktail Rush released by Amusnet Interactive (formerly EGT), a studio that also hails from Sofia, Bulgaria.
Unlike Shake! Shake!, Cocktail Rush has a standard 5×3 setup and gives you 10 fixed paylines to form winning combinations on. The RTP is slightly higher at 96.41%, while volatility is low, making the release a better fit for players on a shoestring budget. The Amusnet developers have equipped the game with scatters and a four-level jackpot game, which is yet another major point of difference between the two slots. We recommend Cocktail Rush to players who are big on special symbols and bonus features.
More Slots with a Cocktail Theme
- Tequila Fiesta by BF Games (98.08% RTP)
- Spina Colada by Yggdrasil Gaming (96.30% RTP)
- Cocktail Rush by Amusnet Interactive (96.41% RTP)
- Sweet Cocktail by Smartsoft Gaming (96.00% RTP)
Shake! Shake! Symbols and Payouts
Shake! Shake! uses thematic symbols that fully correspond to its cocktail theme. Some symbols contain glasses of different liquors and soft drinks like vodka, tequila, rum, tomato juice, soda, and coke, while others consist of citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges. The reel setting and the payout mechanics of the game allow for up to 256 winning combinations per single spin.
Payouts are awarded for identical symbols appearing in any position on neighboring reels from left to right and are multiplied by your total stake. The straight alcoholic drinks are used for the high-value combinations, awarding 2.5 times and 0.5 times your total bet for four and three matches, respectively. You need four matches for the combinations involving soft beverages and decorative citrus fruits to earn 0.5 times your bet.
|Shake! Shake! Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
Shake! Shake! is short on bonus features, so we warn you not to expect any free spins or pick-me bonuses in this Felix Gaming slot. The game designers have skipped on adding a scatter symbol but this is nothing to frown upon because all icons basically behave like scatters, awarding winning combinations for matches on neighboring reels. The only special symbol players will encounter here is the wild, but it serves a two-fold function as you shall see below.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
No cocktails appear as symbols on the reels because players must first combine different ingredients to mix them. This is where the suave formally dressed bartender comes into play. For starters, the bartender is wild and players can use him in place of all other icons to generate more winning combinations on the 4×4 grid.
The downside is that the bartender can appear on the first reel only. When the wild bartender lands on the reel, he awards bonus payouts for symbol combinations that match one of seven cocktails. The exact prizes depend on the ingredients mixed into the respective drink but only the highest-value cocktail win pays out. Keep in mind the respective ingredient symbols and the wild bartender must appear simultaneously to award an extra payout. Here are the combinations required for mixing the seven cocktails in Shake! Shake!. We have listed them in descending order, from the highest to the lowest payers.
Pros & Cons of Shake! Shake!
- The game is perfect for unversed slot players as it lacks confusing bonus features.
- This vibrant slot looks even better when played on mobile devices.
- Players receive bonus rewards for each cocktail the wild bartender helps them to create.
- This otherwise great slot is unlikely to appeal to players keen on lots of bonus features.
- A progressive jackpot would have been a nice addition to the game.
- The maximum win of 713 times the total bet is on the low side.
Shake! Shake! Slot FAQs
- Is Shake! Shake! suitable for players with a more limited budget?
- We consider Shake! Shake! a viable option for spinners playing with restricted amounts of money. The betting range can accommodate players on a budget as minimum wagers start at $0.20, which is quite tolerable. The volatility of the game is medium according to the software studio but despite this, we experienced relatively frequent wins while reviewing Shake! Shake!.
- Is there a progressive jackpot up for grabs in Shake! Shake!?
- Shake! Shake! does not link to a progressive jackpot network, which is regrettable as this would have greatly boosted the appeal of the game. The highest reward players can walk away with is set at 713 times their overall wagers. This means you can snag a prize of $42,780 at the highest bet level when risking the maximum of $60 per spin. If this cannot satiate your appetite for huge wins, we recommend you try another Felix Gaming release called Spinachos, whose maximum exposure reaches the impressive 30,000 times the total bet.
- What bonus features can I anticipate in Shake! Shake!?
- We regret to say the wild bartender and the bonus cocktail payouts are the only extra features Shake! Shake! has to offer. If mini games and free spins are what you are after, our reviewers suggest you go for feature-rich slots like Cazombie, Three Kingdoms Romance, and Jack the Winner where you will benefit from up to 65,536 winning ways per spin.