Bulgarian game supplier Felix Gaming makes a point of delivering highly original online slots with peculiar themes and rewarding features and Cazombie perfectly exemplifies this. The promising studio really hits all the right notes with this quirky zombie-themed release from 2021 that gives you 5 reels with 5 rows and 40 fixed lines to win on.
The developers have included a bunch of clever bonus features to add more flair to this visually impressive, albeit kooky game. The Graveyard feature gives you access to free spins with mystery symbols, wilds, and generous multipliers. Bets start at 20¢ and reach $60 per spin at the highest betting level. Will you survive the zombie apocalypse? Hang with us to find out whether Cazombie is the right slot for you to try.
|Cazombie Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 10.2021|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Zombie theme|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 5||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 40 fixed lines||Free Spins: Up to 25 Free Spins|
|Payout/RTP: 95.96%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 60.00||Max Win: 2000x|
As you can probably tell by the name, Cazombie is a zombie-themed slot that takes players to a graveyard occupied by four undead creatures. These zombies are anything but scary-looking, though. On the contrary, their appearance is quite comical, to put it mildly. One zombie resembles a mummy, while the other three are styled to look like a sumo wrestler, a cowboy, and what looks like a robed monk.
Each undead is armed with a different weapon to fend off players. The monk zombie has a TNT detonator, the mummy carries a cannonball, the sumo wrestler wields a sword, and the cowboy brandishes a pistol in each arm. The oversized reels are semi-transparent and give you a glimpse of a dead tree with crooked branches and a haunted mansion in the background. We particularly liked the soundtrack as it bears some similarities to the theme music playing during the opening credits of The Addams Family. The only thing missing is the finger snapping.
How Cazombie Compares to Other Slot Games
The developers of Felix Gaming have reinvented the wheel with this release as this is hardly the first online slot to explore the idea of the dead rising from their graves. Many studios have crafted games with a zombie theme but very few releases are as wacky as this one. ThunderSpin’s Zombie Slot Deluxe comes the closest perhaps as it, too, uses quirky characters like zombie cherries and a zombie cactus as symbols on the reels.
The theme aside, the two releases share other common features, including medium volatility and a theoretical return that averages 96%. Zombie Slot Deluxe has elements of gamification, however, as players must collect spare body parts to put together a full zombie and benefit from the maximum multipliers during free spins.
More Slots with a Zombie Theme
- Lost Vegas by Microgaming (95.77% RTP)
- Zombie Slot Deluxe by ThunderSpin (96.13% RTP)
- Zombie Circus by Relax Gaming (96.92% RTP)
- Wild Walker by Pragmatic Play (96.55% RTP)
Cazombie Symbols and Payouts
Players who join the four kooky zombies on the reels get the chance to pocket a maximum prize of 2,000 times their total bets. The four zombies offer the largest rewards, yielding maximum payouts of 50x, 25x, 20x, and 15x for a quintet of matching zombie symbols. Out of those, the cowboy zombie offers the biggest payouts. We appreciated the fact the developers have used theme-related symbols for the low-value combinations rather than resorting to the overused playing cards all avid reel spinners have grown sick of.
The zombie hand reaching out of a grave offers the least value, awarding payouts of 0.15x, 0.40x, and 1x the winning line bet. All combinations must start from the leftmost reel to produce a payout. The number of paylines you can create winning combos on is fixed at 40. The paytable mentions something about the scatter paying in both directions but no payout for this symbol is listed anywhere. Players must land no fewer than three identical icons on a payline for the game to pay.
|Cazombie Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
There is more to Cazombie than a fun theme and masterfully crafted graphics and animations. The game will keep fans of the slot genre entertained for hours on end as it comes with wilds, scatters, mystery symbols, multipliers, and free spins. The free spins round starts with a nice pick-me mini game, allowing players to collect the above-mentioned multipliers and mystery icons.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Two symbols work to your advantage in Cazombie, starting with the wild symbol in a toxic green color that makes it stand out. The wild is dripping with green slime and can stand in for all symbols except the scatter with the Cazombie logo set against a harvest moon. The scatter triggers the round of free spins in Cazombie. Sticky wilds and sticky mystery symbols appear during free spins only. Other than that, neither the regular wild, nor the scatter award payouts in the base game.
Players must hit four or five scattered harvest moons to initiate a round of 5 free spins. If this small number of bonus rounds leaves you unimpressed, fret not! A pick-me mini game commences before your free spins start and you must pick four out of eight gravestones to gain additional bonus rounds, sticky wilds, mystery symbols, or multipliers. Each of these special symbols represents a different zombie character from the base game.
Each symbol with a red skull adds one bonus round to your free spins count, up to a maximum of 25 bonus games. The green skulls place sticky wilds on random reel positions at the start of the bonus feature, with the option to collect up to 12 extra wilds. The pink skulls can potentially add up to a dozen mystery symbols that also lock into their places on randomly chosen reels. If you reveal a blue skull under a gravestone, you get extra multipliers on all wins generated during free spins. The maximum number of multipliers players can collect is capped at 13.
Pros & Cons of Cazombie
- The uptempo backing track really adds to the excitement of playing the game.
- The zombies will surely bring a smile to your face.
- The pick-me mini game before the free spins is a nice touch.
- The base payouts in the paytable are far from impressive.
- Nearly half of the winning combinations result in LDWs (losses disguised as wins).
- The free spins are not so easy to trigger.
Cazombie Slot FAQs
- Does Cazombie offer a gamble feature?
- No gamble feature is incorporated into this Felix Gaming slot, which only offers an autoplay functionality. The advanced settings enable you to preselect your desired number of autospins and set a loss or win limit on the feature. Autoplay will deactivate once your preset parameters are met.
- Can I enjoy Cazombie on my smartphone?
- Yes, Cazombie is optimized for Android smartphones and tablets as well as for all iOS-based devices. You can enjoy it while on the go in portrait or landscape mode as long as your internet connection is fast and stable enough.
- What is the maximum winning amount I can pocket from Cazombie?
- A progressive jackpot is one of the few things missing in Cazombie. This should not discourage you from trying the game, though. The maximum possible amount you can collect in this slot equals 2,000 times your overall wager. Not bad at all, considering you can bag $120,000, or the currency equivalent, with a maximum bet of $60.