Joker Heist is an action-packed video slot released in early 2022 by Felix Gaming. Players join an anonymous robber wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on a bank heist for the chance to boost their bankrolls with up to 7,250 times their total bets. The action in this high-volatility game unfolds on a 5×5 reel setup with 15 fixed paylines that award payouts from left to right. Felix Gaming’s developers have included free spins, multipliers, and wilds, further improving players’ chances of lifting some extra cash during this bank robbery. The betting range is broad enough to accommodate all budgets, with wagers ranging from 10¢ to $30 per spin.
|Joker Heist Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 01.2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Bank`s theme, Robbery|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 5||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 15 fixed lines||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 97.60%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Super High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 30||Max Win: 7250x|
Joker Heist Theme
Felix Gaming has breathed a new life into the otherwise overused bank robbery theme common in many online slots. The developers have achieved this by styling their bank robber as the character from the popular Political action flick V for Vendetta. On a side note, you would be surprised how many bank robbers use the iconic Guy Fawkes mask to hide their identities in real life. The bank heist theme is complemented by thematic symbols like pallets of cash, explosive detonators, and machine guns.
The semi-transparent reels are set against a background showing you the interior of a bank, with staircases on each side. Blurry blood is dripping in both corners of the main screen and the symbols are all styled to fit the overall theme of the game. The same goes for the background music and the sound effects the developers have chosen. The music adds to the tension and creates a sense of urgency. Occasional gunshots can be heard in the background, complementing the bank robbery theme of the slot.
How Joker Heist Compares to Other Slot Games
Joker Heist is one of many bank-robbery-themed slots packed full of action and excitement. Software provider DragonGaming explored this theme before in its aptly titled The Bank Heist, a 2021 release that uses a 5×3 setup with 10 fixed paylines. The game shares many similarities with Joker Heist, especially where bonus features are concerned, as it also offers free spins, wilds, and multipliers. This medium-volatility release is better suited to players with a lower risk tolerance but falls flat in the RTP department since it has a lower theoretical return of 96% only compared to 97.60% in Joker Heist.
More Slots with a Bank Heist Theme
- The Bank Heist by DragonGaming (96.00% RTP)
- Thief by NetEnt (96.70% RTP)
- Bust the Bank by Microgaming (96.75% RTP)
- Heist by Betsoft (95.50% RTP)
Joker Heist Symbols and Payouts
Joker Heist comes with ten regular paying symbols, half of which are thematic. The remaining half consists of the playing card initials we are all familiar with. According to the game’s paytable, three to five matching symbols must hit one of the 15 paylines, starting from the leftmost reel, for the player to pocket a payout. The payouts are equal to the amount staked per winning line multiplied by the multiplier value listed for the respective combination in the paytable.
Look out for the pallets of greenbacks, the C4 detonator, and the machine gun as they can bring you the highest prizes in Joker Heist, of 2 times the bet for two, 10 times the bet for three, and 30 times the bet for five matches. The eye mask and the cell phone rank second in terms of winning potential, awarding 2, 10, and 20 times the bet for three to five matches. The icons containing the initials of high-ranking cards are secondary as they offer lower prizes, ranging from 1 to 10 times your wager.
|Joker Heist Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Pallets of Cash||2x||10x||30x|
Bonus Features Overview
Joker Heist offers an appetizing fixed jackpot of up to 7,250 times the wager but players must first succeed in cracking the vault door open with the help of the scatters that will reward them with a round of free spins. Wilds are also included in the game and can further amplify your payouts with multipliers of up to 5x for every masked robber you land on the five reels.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
The robber with the red hoodie and the Guy Fawkes mask is wild and players can use him as a replacement for all symbols except the scatter that activates the free spins round. Whenever the masked robber appears on a reel, he opens a safe that contains one of four multipliers (2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x).
Each masked robber landing on the grid adds a multiplier to the respective reel and subsequently boosts the payouts it helps create, up to a maximum of 3,125 times per line. There is also a scatter represented by a vault door with the words ‘free games’ written on top. It appears on the first, third, and fifth reels only and triggers the free spins feature.
A round of 5 free spins commences whenever the vault scatters appear simultaneously on the first, third, and fifth reels. Players can retrigger the free spins feature by landing the same scatter combination before it ends. Five free spins may not seem like much but the developers have incorporated another peculiarity in the game to make amends for this fact. Each winning combination you score during the feature adds one extra bonus round to your free spins meter. This process continues until no more free spins remain to be played.
Pros & Cons of Joker Heist
- The RTP is higher (97.60%) than what many modern slots can offer these days.
- The wild multipliers can lead to some handsome profits.
- The soundtrack improves the gameplay and helps build up tension.
- The release lacks a gamble feature.
- A bonus game would have been a nice addition to Joker Heist.
- The extreme volatility will quickly drain your bankroll.
Joker Heist Slot FAQs
- Is Joker Heist suitable for high rollers?
- Joker Heist is likely to appeal to high rollers with its extreme volatility and a maximum wager of $30 per spin, although we have seen slots with a higher ceiling on bets if we have to be honest. With this in mind, the game can also accommodate small-scale spinners as it supports wagers as low as 10¢ per round.
- Where can I play Joker Heist for real money?
- Around 60 online casinos offer slots designed by Felix Gaming at the moment of writing. Many partnering gambling operators give customers the option to try the studio’s releases in demo format before risking their money. If you feel ready to commit with real money, you can play Joker Heist at King Billy Casino, 1xBet, Vulkan Vegas, and Tropezia Palace.
- Can I gamble my winnings in Joker Heist?
- Joker Heist offers no gamble feature and neither does any of the other online slots Felix Gaming has released so far. If you wish, you can take advantage of the Autoplay functionality that enables you to play a given number of uninterrupted spins without clicking the spin button at the end of each round. The feature additionally allows you to set session loss and session win limits, which we recommend you to do.