Bulgarian game designer Felix Gaming transports players to 19th-century London with Jack the Winner, a 2022 slot release that uses 6 reels with 4 rows each and gives them up to 4,096 winning ways in the base game. There is plenty to anticipate in this visually appealing game, including wilds, scatters, and a generous round of free spins unfolding on extended reels that increase the number of possible winning combinations to 65,536 ways per spin.
The developers have done a sterling job with the graphics and animations, recreating the gloomy atmosphere of Victorian England to the tee. The stellar visual presentation is complemented by equally fantastic sound effects that enable spinners to fully immerse themselves in the ambiance of the Victorian era. Jack the Winner comes with an above-average theoretical return of 96.84% and is beyond affordable to play, with wagers starting at 10¢ only.
|Jack the Winner Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 03.2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Victorian|
|Reels: 6||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 4||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 65,536 ways to win||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.84%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Med-High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 50||Max Win: 7680x|
Jack the Winner Theme
Felix Gaming has used the infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper as the foundation of their game. The good news is the slot’s storyline takes a rather comical turn as the main character is on the hunt for treasures rather than roaming the dark streets of London in search of his next victim. Despite this comical twist, the game has a gloomy aesthetic as it transports players to the cobbled streets of the poverty-stricken Whitechapel district where the notorious killer originally committed his crimes.
The background gives you a glimpse at some rooftops at night, and the streets below are blanketed in heavy fog. Players can hear bells chiming in the distance, accompanied by dramatic piano music that helps create a feeling of suspense. The main character, as shady as he looks, is no butcher but rather a tattooed card sharp whose priority is swindling people out of their valuables and money. Jack is accompanied on the reels by a red-headed lady of a questionable reputation with a plunging neckline and a glass of liquor in hand.
How Jack the Winner Compares to Other Slot Games
Players fascinated with Victorian England are recommended to try Skywind Group’s The Ripper, a 2023 release inspired by the real-life story of the infamous killer who terrorized the residents of the impoverished Whitechapel neighborhood in the late 19th century. The game bears some semblance to Jack the Winner but has a far more ominous flair in terms of storyline and visuals.
Like Jack the Winner, Skywind’s rendition utilizes an enlarged grid with 6 reels and 4 rows and uses the ways-to-win payout mechanic. It has a medium volatility but the maximum number of winning ways is capped at 4,096, which is not the case in Jack the Winner where you have as many as 65,536 possible ways to win during free spins. The RTP is also lower as it ranges from 88.00% to 96.50%, depending on which online casino you play the game at.
More Slots with a Victorian Theme
- The Ripper by Skywind Group (88.00% – 96.50% RTP)
- Jack the Ripper by RealTime Gaming (Unknown RTP)
- Mysterious by Pragmatic Play (96.50% RTP)
- Sherlock of London by Rabcat Gambling/Microgaming (96.00% RTP)
Jack the Winner Symbols and Payouts
Jack the Winner may confuse you a bit, particularly if you are accustomed to playing line-based slots, as it uses the ways-to-win format in place of conventional paylines. The base game gives you 6 reels and 4 rows to win on, with payouts being awarded from left to right whenever identical symbols appear in any position on adjoining reels. Up to 4,096 winning ways are possible per spin in the main game.
However, this number jumps to the impressive 65,536 ways to win during free spins as the feature plays on an extended grid that contains 8 reels with 4 rows each. You need to land at least three alike icons to earn a payout. Eight thematic symbols form the high-value combinations, namely the red-haired woman of the streets, the dice, dynamite, revolver, brass knuckles, straight razor, bag of jewels, and the queen of hearts.
Watch out for the red-haired lady as she represents the highest-paying symbol in the slot and can enrich you with up to 30 times your total stake during free spins for eight matches. The other thematic icons award between 0.1 and 20 times your total bet, depending on the concrete combination and the number of matching symbols. Playing cards jack through ace are implemented for the low-paying combinations and can result in wins between 0.1 and 0.6 times your stake.
|Jack the Winner Symbols and Winning Combinations|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches||6 Matches||7 Matches||8 Matches|
|Bag of Jewels||0.1x||0.2x||0.3x||0.7x||0.8x||0.9x|
|Queen of Hearts||0.1x||0.2x||0.3x||0.6x||0.7x||0.8x|
Bonus Features Overview
Apart from its polished graphics and crisply rendered animations, Jack the Winner compels the attention with several great bonus features designed to give players more bang for their buck. The wilds assist you in landing more winning combinations, while the scatters hold the key to entering the free spins round that unfurls on a larger reel grid to give you additional ways to bag a payout.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Players can anticipate two special symbols in Jack the Winner that assist them in landing more wins and unlocking the bonus feature. For starters, there is a wild symbol represented by a capital W in blood-red color. It substitutes all other icons that appear on the reels except for the scatter. The wild helps you form more winning combinations but awards no payouts on its own. The scatter simply reads ‘free games’ and is your key to activating the free spins in Jack the Winner.
Players are rewarded with 5 free spins whenever the scatter symbols appear simultaneously on the first, second, and third reels. This lucrative feature unfolds on an extended grid that accommodates 8 reels, each with 4 rows, which causes the number of potential ways to win to swell from 4,096 in the main game to 65,536 ways during free spins.
Jack the Winner becomes an additional wild for the feature’s duration, substituting for all icons in all positions on the eight reels. His symbol holds two reels in position for the entire duration of your free spins. Jack can additionally shift one reel to the left or right. He transforms each icon he covers with his bulky torso into a wild, further improving your odds of scoring wins.
Pros & Cons of Jack the Winner
- The game yields a decent payout percentage of 96.84%.
- The maximum win exposure of 7,680 times the total bet makes the slot worthwhile.
- Wins and losses are fairly balanced thanks to the medium volatility of the game.
- Unlocking the free spins round is no picnic.
- A bonus game would have been a nice addition to the range of special features.
- The payouts in the base game are fairly low.
Jack the Winner Slot FAQs
- Can I retrigger free spins in Jack the Winner?
- The paytable makes no mention of retriggering free spins, which leads us to the conclusion this is impossible in Jack the Winner. If you are looking for a Felix Gaming slot with the option to retrigger the bonus rounds, we suggest you have a go at Joker Heist where you can reactivate free spins with the original triggering combination of scatters.
- I find it difficult to unlock the free spins. Is buying my entry into the bonus feature an option?
- Players must activate the round of free spins manually by landing scatters on the first three reels. Jack the Winner is not equipped with a bonus-buy functionality, so buying your way into the free spins feature is not possible in this case.
- What is the maximum exposure of Jack the Winner?
- Jack the Winner has a maximum exposure of 7,680 times your total wager, which is the most you can win in this game. Assuming you are playing at the highest bet level and wager the maximum of $50 per spin, you can bag a fixed jackpot amounting to $384,000.