Up-and-coming software provider Felix Gaming delivers Book of Anunnaki, a standard video slot that plays on a 5×3 reel grid with 10 fixed win lines. The culture and religion of ancient civilizations are common themes among game designers and it appears the Bulgarian software studio has also jumped on this bandwagon. Rather than delivering yet another Egyptian-themed slot, however, the developers of Felix Gaming have turned their creative gaze to the Sumer civilization.
The slot was inspired by Anunnaki, a group of omnipotent deities residing in the Sumerian pantheon. The game offers all the standard features one would expect to see in a good video slot, including wilds, scatters, and free spins with retriggering. Players can also try the studio’s trademark Hyper Jump feature that enables them to unlock the free spins faster. Book of Anunnaki has low to medium volatility and an average payout percentage of 95.87%.
|Book of Anunnaki Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 09.2019|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Ancient civilizations|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 10 fixed lines||Free Spins: 15 Free Spins|
|Payout/RTP: 95.87%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Low-Med||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 70||Max Win: 5000x|
Book of Anunnaki Theme
Book of Anunnaki was inspired by the deities of the ancient Sumerians, one of the earliest civilizations to develop in the Mesopotamian region. The game has a pretty standard color palette of gold, azure blue, orange, and purple hues. The five semi-transparent reels are set in a temple whose pillars are covered in ancient scripts, with papyrus plants gently swaying in the wind on both sides of the grid. The game’s logo written in a bold font is positioned above the reels.
The developers have paid great attention to details when crafting the game and this really shows in the quality of the graphics. The symbols are incredibly detailed, which renders them instantly recognizable. The soundtrack is a blend of ancient Mesopotamian and modern music. The tempo is upbeat but the traditional instruments strike a balance between modernity and antiquity.
How Book of Anunnaki Compares to Other Slot Games
This Felix Gaming release hardly excels in the originality department as plenty of ‘book of’ slots are available for online play. The game is pretty standard in terms of gameplay and payout mechanics as it uses conventional paylines splayed over your typical 5×3 grid. It is comparable to Book of Pyramids by BGaming, which offers a limited number of paylines and medium volatility like Book of Anunnaki. With that said, BGaming’s release has a higher theoretical return of 97.13% and a better maximum win multiplier of 9,999x, which makes it a desirable option in the eyes of players looking for greater value.
More Slots with Ancient Civilization Themes
- Ankh of Anubis by Play’n GO (96.20% RTP)
- Book of Pyramids by BGaming (97.13% RTP)
- Tomb of Nefertiti by Nolimit City (96.19% RTP)
- Almighty Sparta by Endorphina (96.00% RTP)
Book of Anunnaki Symbols and Payouts
Book of Anunnaki supports bet sizes ranging from $0.10 to $70 per spin. Winning combinations form on ten non-adjustable paylines and start from the leftmost reel with all regular symbols. High-value icons all correspond to the game’s Sumerian theme and include a statue depicting the Sumerian god of the sky Anu, a medallion, an eye symbol, and a scarab. These symbols return payouts for as few as two matches, with prizes ranging from 0.5 times to 500 times the line bet, depending on the specific combination.
The highest-paying symbol in Book of Anunnaki is represented by an ancient book with an eagle-headed deity on the cover. The book serves a two-fold function. It acts as wild on one hand and pays out a whopping 1,000 times your total bet for five-of-a-kind on the other. The payouts awarded by the symbols with playing cards Ten through Ace are not as impressive. The maximum you can win with the Aces and Kings is capped at 15 times your bet for five. The Queens, Jacks, and Tens can earn you no more than 10 times your line bet for five matches.
|Book of Anunnaki Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||2 Matches||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Golden Statue of Anu||1x||10x||100x||500x|
Bonus Features Overview
Most of the bonus features incorporated into Book of Anunnaki you have probably seen before. There is nothing out of the ordinary in this slot but when you combine it all together it simply works. The wild symbols guarantee players will see winning combinations landing more frequently. The developers have included a round of free spins but the Hyper Jump feature is what really stands out in this game. A trademark of Felix Gaming, Hyper Jump ensures quicker access to the free spins incorporated into Book of Anunnaki.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Not much is going on in terms of special symbols as a single solitary wild is all you will find in this Felix Gaming release. What’s interesting about this symbol is that it serves a two-fold function. Represented by an ancient book, the wild substitutes all other symbols in the base game and assists players in landing more combinations of matching symbols. Additionally, the book symbol acts as a scatter in the sense it helps trigger the free spins feature in the Book of Anunnaki.
Book of Anunnaki is equipped with a pretty standard round of free spins that kicks off whenever at least three ancient book symbols hit the reels simultaneously. We must admit the feature is mighty difficult to trigger as we went through hundreds of spins before we finally managed to initiate it. The wait is well worth it, though, as you get 15 free spins with one randomly selected icon that expands to entirely cover one or more reels. More importantly, it is possible to retrigger the feature by landing three or more additional books during free spins.
Hyper Jump Feature
The Hyper Jump feature is unique to Felix Gaming and you will find it in Book of Anunnaki and Juicy Wilds. It enables players to speed through no-win spins, collect the payouts from winning rounds, and unlock the free spins feature faster. To activate this functionality, players must click or tap the Hyper Jump button in the upper right corner of the screen and then select their desired bet size and number of rounds. Just keep in mind there is no guarantee you will manage to trigger the free spins within your chosen number of Hyper Jump rounds.
Pros & Cons of Book of Anunnaki
- The slot offers a tasty maximum win of 5,000 times your bet.
- The paytable is quite decent in terms of payouts.
- The Hyper Jump feature enables you to unlock the free spins faster.
- The RTP bears improvement.
- It takes ages to access free spins without resorting to the Hyper Jump.
- Including a pick-me bonus game would have been a nice touch.
Book of Anunnaki FAQs
- Is Book of Anunnaki available in demo format?
- Testing Book of Anunnaki at no cost should be no problem as the game is available for free play on the official website of the developer, Felix Gaming. This is a great way to test the waters and get a proper feel of how this slot plays before you start risking your money. Another option is to pick one of our recommended online casinos that offer games crafted by the promising Bulgarian supplier and check whether a demo version is available there.
- Can I use Autoplay in Book of Anunnaki?
- Yes, you can. As a matter of fact, this feature is available in all online slots released by Felix Gaming. The only downside is there are no advanced settings. For example, the feature cannot deactivate automatically when you go through a given number of rounds or when your balance increases or decreases by a specific amount. Players must activate and deactivate Autoplay manually.
- Is there a progressive jackpot in Book of Anunnaki?
- Neither Book of Anunnaki, nor the other video slots Felix Gaming has released so far offer progressive prizes. Only fixed jackpots are available for the time being. On the positive side, the maximum possible win in Book of Anunnaki is quite mouth-watering as it reaches 5,000 times your total bet. This translates into $350,000 in winnings at the highest betting level.