Looking for a fruit-themed slot that comes with an interesting turn? If you answer this question affirmatively, perhaps you should consider giving 20 Boost Hot a shot. Released by Felix Gaming in June 2022, this slot vibrates with bold colors as winning combinations form with deliciously rendered fruits like grapes, oranges, cherries, lemons, plums, and watermelons.
This tasty 5×3 game with 20 fixed paylines deviates from classic fruit slots thanks to the inclusion of wilds and scatters. The biggest attraction here is the line-boost feature that enables players to improve their payouts on select lines by paying a little extra on top of their main bets. We consider this exclusive feature sufficient compensation for the absence of free spins and bonus games. Have we piqued your interest yet? If yes, continue reading as lay out all there is to know about 20 Boost Hot.
|20 Boost Hot Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 06.2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Classic style, Fruit theme|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 20 fixed lines||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 96.33%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Med-High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 40||Max Win: 1000x|
20 Boost Hot Theme
The unique line-boost feature aside, 20 Boost Hot looks, feels, and plays like any other fruit-themed slot out there. The five reels spin to the sounds of uplifting jaunty music that sets the mood right and enables you to fully immerse yourself in the action. The setup is pretty standard with an opaque reel grid pasted on top of a background dominated by the colors of a summer sunset. Think pale tints of pink, orange, yellow, and purple.
The game’s logo sits on top of the grid and is nicely styled with dollar signs placed within the double Os of the word ‘boost’. Animated fruit symbols and lucky sevens float slowly in the background and serve as the perfect finishing touch. Winning combinations are instantly recognizable as the game uses the familiar fruit symbols all slot buffs have encountered on the reels at one point or another.
How 20 Boost Hot Compares to Other Slot Games
Felix Gaming has not come up with anything new where the design and payout mechanic of this release are concerned. There is no shortage of five-reel slots that borrow elements from the classic coin-operated fruit machines of the past. One title that immediately jumps to mind is Berryburst by NetEnt. Released in 2018, the game plays on 5 reels with 3 rows, similarly to 20 Boost Hot.
The payout mechanic is different, however, as NetEnt’s Berryburst uses the studio’s trademark Cluster PaysTM rather than relying on conventional paylines. The symbols from winning combinations disappear and make way for new icons to land in their places, potentially creating ‘clusters’ of consecutive wins. Unlike 20 Boost Hot, Berryburst has low-to-medium volatility and features wild reels. The theoretical return percentage is also slightly higher at 96.56% compared to the 96.33% 20 Boost Hot has to offer.
More 5-Reel Slots with a Fruit Theme
- All Ways Fruits by Amatic Industries (96.00% RTP)
- 20 Super Hot by EGT (95.79% RTP)
- Berryburst by NetEnt (96.56% RTP)
- Imperial Fruits by Playson (96.42% RTP)
20 Boost Hot Symbols and Payouts
As you can see in the table below, 20 Boost Hot awards payouts for at least three alike symbols appearing on one of the twenty fixed paylines. All symbols pay from left to right, the scattered dollar sign being the only exception to this rule. The dollar sign pays both ways as long as the matching symbols land in any position on adjoining reels. The scatter awards the highest prizes in the game, offering payouts equal to 5, 20, and 500 times your total bet.
The wild yields the second-highest payout, returning 2 to 50 times your line bet for three to five matches. The maximum you can extract from the regular symbols ranges from 0.5 times, which is basically a loss, to 25 times your line wager for five identical icons. All twenty lines are in play, with bets per line ranging from 1¢ to $2 up to a maximum of $40 per spin.
|20 Boost Hot Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
This Felix Gaming offering is not exactly bursting at the seams with bonus features. The most players can anticipate is reduced to the inclusion of wilds and scatters. Both symbols behave as they usually do in standard five-reel slots. The developers have included an extra feature called ‘line-boost’ but taking advantage of it will cost you extra, as we explain below.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
The substitution symbol in 20 Boost Hot is easy to spot as it is represented by the word ‘wild’ in gold-colored capital letters. As per usual, this special symbol is capable of standing in for regular icons incorporated in the game. By replacing other symbols, it helps you score more winning combinations on the twenty fixed lines.
The scattered dollar is the only symbol the gold-lettered wild is incapable of substituting. The scatter unlocks no free spins or bonus games as no such features are available in 20 Boost Hot. Instead, the scatter fulfills its usual purpose, paying for similar symbols in any position on adjacent reels in both directions, from left to right as well as from right to left.
The line-boost is the biggest attraction and the main feature of interest in 20 Boost Hot. It does not trigger randomly, nor is it associated with a particular combination of symbols. Instead, players must activate it themselves by clicking on the purple ‘line-boost’ grids located on either side of the reels. You must then select which paylines you want to boost. Clicking repeatedly on the same line adds a win multiplier to your selected payline. Each multiplier comes at a different cost as follows:
- Adding a 2x multiplier to a payline will add 1/20 to your bet.
- A triple 3x multiplier comes at the expense of 2/20 of your bet.
- A quintuple 5x multiplier costs 4/20 of your bet.
This feature is a double-edged sword as it can potentially increase your payouts on selected lines but will ultimately cost you more money over time, especially if winning combinations fail to find their way to your chosen paylines. Our advice is to use the line-boost in moderation and only if you have a sufficient bankroll at your disposal to be able to sustain the additional costs of the feature.
Pros & Cons of 20 Boost Hot
- The symbols and animations are nicely rendered and appeal to the eye.
- The relatively high RTP makes the game worth playing.
- The game is affordable, with bets starting at 20¢ per spin.
- The absence of bonus features takes away from the slot’s appeal.
- The only special feature ends up costing you extra money.
- The fruit theme, as classic as it is, is getting stale.
20 Boost Hot Slot FAQs
- Is the line-boost feature free to use?
- Unfortunately, the payout multipliers resulting from the line-boost feature are associated with additional costs. The exact amount the software will deduct from your balance depends on the size of the multiplier and the number of boosted lines. The higher the multiplier, the greater the cost of the line-boost feature. The highest multiplier of 5x comes at the expense of 20% of your base wager. Thus, if you have originally wagered a dollar, the 5x multiplier will add 20¢ to your overall bet.
- Is there a gamble feature in 20 Boost Hot?
- To our knowledge, none of the slots from the Felix Gaming portfolio gives you the option to gamble your winnings from successful spins to double or quadruple them. If you insist on using this feature, you will find it in slots like DragonGaming’s Oriental Flower and A Night with Cleo by RealTime Gaming.
- How much can I win in 20 Boost Hot?
- It depends on the winning combination and the number of matching symbols it contains. With this in mind, the game offers a fixed jackpot equal to 1,000 times your base wager. If you are daring enough to risk the maximum allowed bet per spin, this win multiplier translates into a total prize of $40,000 or the currency equivalent.