With Jungle Beats, the latest release of Felix Gaming, players head out on a hunt for tasty rewards hidden deep into the heart of the jungle. The game has a cartoonish style to it and introduces you to various comically drawn animals that appear as high-value symbols on the 5 reels with 3 rows and 20 fixed paylines.
This show-stopping slot has medium volatility and a decent payback percentage, combined with exciting features like respins and free spins with multipliers. The developers have thrown wilds and scatters into the mix for good measure, further inflating the win potential of the game. Speaking of which, reel spinners are in for a mouth-watering top prize of up to 5,000 times their total wager.
|Jungle Beats Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 03.2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Animals, Jungle theme|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 20 fixed lines||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.66%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 40||Max Win: 5000x|
Jungle Beats Theme
Jungle Beats has a pretty straightforward theme as it takes you on a wild adventure in the tropical jungle. Purple flowers and dense greenery climb around the five semi-transparent reels that reveal the azure waters of the ocean and a tropical island in the distance. The reels rotate to the sounds of peppy music that is guaranteed to get you in the mood for some spinning action. Various jungle sounds can be heard in the background, including the howling of various beasts, the screeching of monkeys, and the screams of wild birds.
The main characters in this waggish slot are a lemur, a giraffe, a wild cat, and a zebra, led by a gorilla with a crown of palm leaves on top of its head. The game showcases the talent of Felix Gaming’s designers as all animals are brilliantly animated. The graphics are rich and vibrant, albeit extremely cartoonish, but this actually works to the game’s advantage, lending it a partial semblance to Dreamworks Pictures’ Madagascar animated comedy flick.
How Jungle Beats Compares to Other Slot Games
Jungle Beats closely resembles Blueprint Gaming’s King Kong Cash where theme and overall visual presentation are concerned. Blueprint’s slot also features a quirky gorilla king as the main character, accompanied on the reels by various wild animals like a tiger, a gator, a parrot, and a hippo. All animals bear certain human features. The tiger, for example, is wearing glasses and smokes a pipe.
Theme-aside, King Kong Cash also unfolds on a 5×3 setup with 20 fixed win lines. The game is significantly richer in terms of features compared to Jungle Beats as it offers a random bonus feature with five different ‘monkey’ modifiers – Banana Cannon Wilds, Golden Barrel Super Spin, Bonus Boost, Kong Respin, and King Kong Streak. Additionally, players will benefit from the King Kong Trail feature that awards Golden Kong Free Spins, Big Money Bonus, Empire Free Spins, King Kong Trail, and Barrel Blast.
More Slots with a Jungle Theme
- Jungle Jim by Microgaming (96.31% RTP)
- Jungle Spirit by NetEnt (96.47% RTP)
- Jungle Gorilla by Pragmatic Play (96.57% RTP)
- King Kong Cash by Blueprint Gaming (95.79% RTP)
Jungle Beats Symbols and Payouts
The wild action in Jungle Beats takes place on a traditional reel grid interspersed with 20 non-adjustable paylines. As is the case with all conventional video slots, the identical symbols must appear in succession on a payline from the leftmost to the rightmost reel. At least three of a kind are required to make a winning combination. The gorilla king with the palm-leaf crown was fittingly selected to represent the top payer in Jungle Beats. It pays 2.5, 7.5, and 25 times the line wager for three to five identical symbols.
The other animals award smaller, albeit satisfactory payouts. You get up to 7.5 times your line bet for five lemurs and 5 times your wager for five-of-a-kind with the giraffe, cat, and zebra. A, K, Q, J, and 10 award lower-value payouts, as per usual. However, the developers have shown some creative imagination as the letters are styled to look like snake skin and the fur coats of the various wild animals. For example, the Ace looks as if made of tiger skin, while the King resembles the coat of a giraffe.
|Jungle Beats Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
Jungle Beats ensures a fun-filled tropical adventure thanks to the inclusion of several special symbols and bonus features. There is a wild that can substitute for all other regular symbols, awarding a free respin in the process. Players who manage to collect the required number of scatters are treated to 10 free spins with triple multipliers on all wins.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Players should be on the lookout for the symbol with the ‘wild’ logo and palms as it replaces all other icons bar the scatter. Whenever the wild creates a winning combination with one of the animals for the first time during a given round, it locks in place and awards one free respin. Additional respins can occur provided that the animal symbols produce another win during the feature.
The only quibble we have about this wild symbol is that it appears only on the second, third, fourth, and fifth reels, which slightly takes away from its potential. The symbol that reads ‘free games’ is the scatter in Jungle Beats. Landing three of these on the three middle reels in the base game unleashes a round of 10 free spins with greater potential for profits, as we shall reveal next.
Like most modern slots, Felix Gaming’s latest release has a free spins feature that activates as soon as three scatters hit the reels on the same round. The peculiarity here is that the scatters must appear on the second, third, and fourth reels to unlock the feature. When this happens, players exit the base game for a round of 10 free spins. It is impossible to retrigger the feature in our observation. The paytable makes no mention of retriggering, either. All payouts generated for the feature’s duration are enhanced with a triple 3x multiplier.
Pros & Cons of Jungle Beats
- We love the fun cartoonish design of the game.
- The triple multipliers can result in some juicy payouts.
- The game offers good payouts with the high-value symbols.
- The wilds and scatters appear on select reels only.
- The maximum $40 cap on bets renders the slot unsuitable for high rollers.
- The theme is not as unique as what some other Felix Gaming releases can offer.
Jungle Beats Slot FAQs
- How frequently will I win in Jungle Beats?
- Jungle Beats has a hit frequency of 33.55%, which basically means spinners can anticipate wins to occur fairly often. The volatility of the game is within the medium range, on the other hand, indicating that said wins will not occur as frequently as they would in a low-variance slot.
- How much money will I get back in Jungle Beats?
- Felix Gaming advertises a theoretical return percentage of 96.66% for Jungle Beats, which means the game will pay back approximately 97 cents out of each dollar wagered. Pay attention to the word ‘theoretical’, however, as it takes hundreds of thousands of spins for the overall payback rates to average out.
- Is Jungle Beats an expensive slot to play?
- Not really. The minimum you can bet in this game is 20 cents, which we consider quite affordable. You cover each payline with a bet since the number of win lines in play is impossible to adjust. As for the ceiling, the game supports maximum wagers of $40 per spin.