If you have a sweet tooth and enjoy playing online slots, Gummy Bears by Felix Gaming is just the right game for you to try next. The Bulgarian game supplier delivers excitement galore with this yummy online slot that plays on a standard 5×3 setup and offers up to 243 winning ways per spin. This mouth-watering release from 2022 packs a powerful punch with brilliantly rendered graphics, jaunty sounds, and a bunch of special symbols and features, including free spins, multipliers, wilds, respins, and scatters. It comes with a healthy payback percentage of 96.54% and high volatility that will appeal to thrill seekers from all walks of life.
|Gummy Bears Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Felix Gaming||Release Date: 11.2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Candy|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 243 ways to win||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.54%||Bonus Game: No|
|Volatility Level: High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.10||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 50||Max Win: 5000x|
Gummy Bears Theme
Gummy Bears is a candy-themed slot that looks delicious enough to give you a sugar rush. The slot features four different bear-shaped fruit gum candies that award the largest payouts in the main game. The five reels are semi-transparent and give players a glimpse of a cozy living room at dusk, with a homey fire crackling merrily in the fireplace. We don’t know about you, but this snug atmosphere definitely gets us in the mood for some serious reel spinning. Red curtains are hanging on either side of the reel grid and you can even see a cat sitting lazily next to the fireplace. Jaunty music plays in the background, further improving the gameplay.
How Gummy Bears Compares to Other Slot Games
Gummy Bears is one of many online slots themed after confectionery and candy. This theme is popular among game designers and players alike, which explains why slots like Pragmatic Play’s Sweet Bonanza tend to become overnight successes. Unlike Felix Gaming, Pragmatic has chosen to position its delicious candy symbols on a larger 6×5 grid, and in turn, this translates into more possible winning combinations per spin.
Given this, it is perhaps unsurprising Sweet Bonanza carries a larger winning potential and offers a considerably greater fixed jackpot of 21,100 times the total bet. Its payout percentage is slightly lower at 96.48% but the tumbling-reels mechanic compensates for this as it facilitates multiple wins in succession with a single bet.
More Slots with a Candy Theme
- Sweet Bonanza by Pragmatic Play (96.48% RTP)
- All Ways Candy by Amatic Industries (97.11% RTP)
- Candyfinity by Yggdrasil Gaming (96.00% RTP)
- Sugar Rush by Pragmatic Play (96.50% RTP)
Gummy Bears Symbols and Payouts
In Gummy Bears, players are on a hunt for a tasty fixed jackpot equal to 5,000 times their total bets. The game offers 5 reels with 3 rows each and uses the ways-to-win payout mechanic instead of conventional paylines. All gummy bears and playing-card symbols award payouts for three to five matches. Combinations must occur from the leftmost to the rightmost reel to result in payouts. Up to 243 winning combinations are possible on each spin.
The maximum individual amount you can extract from this Felix Gaming slot equals 10 times your base bet for five yellow or five pink gummies. The base payouts are boosted further in free-spins mode as players will benefit from multipliers during this bonus feature. The lowest possible payout of 0.2 times your wager is awarded for three-of-a-kind with the nines or tens.
|Gummy Bears Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Yellow Gummy Bear||2x||4x||10x|
|Pink Gummy Bear||2x||4x||10x|
|Blue Gummy Bear||1.50x||3x||5x|
|Green Gummy Bear||1.50x||3x||5x|
Bonus Features Overview
Gummy Bears is loaded with thrilling bonus features and special symbols that are sure to keep reel spinners on the edge of their seats. Players are treated to a lucrative free spins feature that has the potential to reward them generously with powerful multipliers on all wins. The developers have additionally included wilds, scatters, and wild respins to further spice up the action. .
Wild and Scatter Symbols
Players will encounter both scatters and wilds as they spin the reels of Gummy Bears. The substitution symbol reads the word “wild” in letters that look as if they are made of jelly. It substitutes the icons with the gummy bears and the playing cards but cannot replace the other special symbol. The scatter contains the words ‘free games’ and as you can probably guess, it triggers the free spins in Gummy Bears. Neither special symbol awards regular payouts, however.
The Wild Respin feature activates whenever any three gummy bears land next to each other vertically or horizontally. The gummy bears will then blend into a single wild symbol that will lock in position on the corresponding reel and award one free respin. You basically hit two birds with one stone with this feature since it is possible to achieve two wins in succession with a single wager.
Free Spins with Multipliers
The scatter symbols are present only on the second, third, and fourth reels, and reward players with 10 free spins when appearing simultaneously on the same round. Whenever the wild symbol with the four gummy bears hits during the feature, it adds 1x to the value of the win multiplier meter positioned on the right side of the reel grid. The wild gummies remain in position and award one free respin. Players can retrigger another batch of 10 free with the same scatter combination. There is also a Bonus Buy feature that ensures immediate access to the free spins but this will cost you 50 times your base bet.
Pros & Cons of Gummy Bears
- The sticky wilds help players amass more wins
- The free spins can be retriggered
- The high RTP results in smaller long-term losses for the players
- A progressive jackpot would have been a nice addition to this game
- The Bonus Buy feature may prove expensive for small-scale players
- A mini bonus game with instant cash prizes would have been great
Gummy Bears Slot FAQs
- How much can I win in Gummy Bears?
- The Felix Gaming designers have capped the maximum possible payout at 5,000 times your total bet, a nice jackpot that makes the game worthwhile. This payout multiplier results in maximum profits of a quarter of a million if you risk the highest amount possible, which is $50 per spin.
- How much does it cost to activate the free spins immediately?
- The exact cost of buying your way into the free spins in Gummy Bears depends entirely on your base wager. Players must pay 50 times their total bet to trigger the feature instantly. In other words, the Bonus Buy will cost you $50 if you bet a single dollar per spin but the cost will skyrocket to $2,500 when you are betting the maximum of $50 per spin.
- Can I buy the Wild Respin feature?
- No, the Bonus Buy is intended only for quickly entering the round of free spins. The only way to activate the Wild Respin is to land any three gummies in adjacent positions either vertically or horizontally. In our observation, this happens relatively frequently.