Soju Bomb whisks gambling aficionados away to a neon-lit bar in South Korea, where soju bomb cocktails can grant players free spins and multipliers. The game was launched in 2023 by esteemed software supplier Habanero, and it has a comfortable 5×3 slot grid and an RTP of 96.64%. In addition to the classic Free Spins feature present, Soju Bomb also boasts the Jackpot Race™ progressive jackpot mechanic, which is offered by Habanero, giving slot buffs a chance to win life-changing rewards.
|Soju Bomb Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Habanero||Release Date: 2022|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Cocktails|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 243 ways to win||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.64%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: Yes|
|Min Bet: 0.25||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 5000||Max Win: 1643x|
Soju Bomb Theme
A soju bomb, or poktan-ju as it is known in its country of origin, is a cocktail that enjoys a lot of popularity in the bars of South Korea. It also happens to be at the center of Habanero’s Soju Bomb slot, and Habanero has done a lot to immerse players in an atmosphere befitting of this fantastic South Korean drink. A gorgeous bar serves as Soju Bomb’s backdrop, and we even see a demonstration of how the cocktail is made once the Soju Bomb Free Spins feature is triggered. Of course, the slot’s icons are also excellent for the game, as fruits that give the slot a classic look, shots, and the soju bomb cocktail itself are all illustrated on the symbols that will appear on the reels.
How Soju Bomb Compares to Other Slot Games
Bars have been the inspiration for plenty of online slot games, but Habanero’s Soju Bomb nonetheless stands out thanks to the fact that it is themed around a unique cocktail plenty of gaming enthusiasts in the West might be unfamiliar with. The said cocktail is the soju bomb, the drink this slot is named after, and the iGaming studio has even showcased how Koreans make and enjoy soju bomb drinks.
As for the gameplay, the action takes place on a 5×3 slot layout where 243 different winning combinations can form, and it boasts both Wild icons and a Free Spins mechanic. This is relatively run-of-the-mill, but we must also highlight the fact that Soju Bomb’s 96.64% RTP is actually better than the typical 96% of most modern slots. There is also, of course, the fact that Soju Bomb is among the eligible slots for Habanero’s progressive jackpot mechanic.
- Giga Jar by Push Gaming
- 777 Super BIG BuildUp™ Deluxe™ by Crazy Tooth Studio
- Vegas Night Life™ by NetEnt
- Neon Capital by Evoplay
Soju Bomb Symbols and Payouts
Soju Bomb has a slot grid consisting of 5 reels and 3 rows, and for a player to score a win, between 3 and 5 identical symbols must appear on adjacent reels, starting from the reel at the far left. The only icon that is unique in this regard is the Wild, as only 5-reel wins that grant 32x payouts are possible when matching the Wild symbol with itself.
The Soju Bomb Scatter, which activates the Free Spins feature, has the best payout in the slot: 50x the player’s base bet. The rest of the high-paying symbols are the fruit icons, and their max-win rewards range between 4x and 20x. Next, we have the shots. They are Soju Bomb’s final set of symbols, and they offer modest payouts.
|Soju Bomb Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
Slots buffs eager to take advantage of complementary games and generous multipliers that can be applied to wins will find that Soju Bomb could be the perfect addition to their iGaming sessions. What is more, the game also happens to be one of the various slots that are eligible to be part of Habanero’s Jackpot Race™ progressive jackpot.
Wilds and Scatters
A classic Wild symbol is what assists other icons in completing winning combinations, and it also has its own payout of 32x the player bet. The Soju Bomb symbol, on the other hand, is the game’s Scatter. In addition to boasting the largest payout in the game (50x), this is the icon that triggers the Soju Bomb feature.
Free Spins Feature
The mechanic tied to the Free Spins mode is Soju Bomb, which is triggered when at least 3 Scatters appear on the reels. The player is then presented with a pyramid of shots and instructed to swipe. The rewards are determined based on how many shot glasses land in the glasses of beer, and this Soju Bomb drinking game has two stages:
- The First Stage – here it is determined how many complementary games the player will receive, between 5 and 15 spins can be won
- The Second Stage – this time, the glasses dictate the size of the multiplier, the multiplier can be up to x11 in size
Each free spin’s payout is evaluated based on the wager of the spin that triggered the Soju Bomb feature. It is not possible to retrigger the Free Spins feature, as Scatters are removed from the symbol pool of the Free Spins mode’s grid layout.
Since 2019, the Jackpot Race™ progressive jackpot has provided players with the chance to score massive rewards while playing Habanero slots like Soju Bomb. Jackpot Race™ takes place at a specific time period, which is determined by the casino operator. The said operator is also free to choose how the reward is distributed in the end, i.e., whether one player will receive the entire jackpot or if it will be split between multiple players based on the bets placed closest to the jackpot trigger.
The Jackpot Race™ starts with the Accumulation Phase, where no jackpot can be won, and 1% of all player bets are added to the jackpot amount. A countdown to the Race Phase is also displayed. All gaming devotees who play during the Race Phase have a chance to become the winner of the progressive jackpot, and the said jackpot continues to grow until it is triggered. Last but not least, we have the Payout Phase, which is when the winners are determined.
As established, the Soju Bomb feature is how players can make their way to the Free Spins bonus, and it is also the mechanic that applies a multiplier to the funds won from a given round’s complementary games. The reward range here varies, as gaming devotees can win multipliers between 1x and 11x in size.
Pros & Cons of Soju Bomb
- The Soju Bomb feature rewards players with free spins and multipliers
- The house edge of Soju Bomb is 3.36%, 0.64% lower than the 4% industry average
- Soju Bomb’s bet range gives both casual players and high-rollers ample room to customize the size to the values they are comfortable with wagering
- The Free Spins feature cannot be retriggered
- There is no buy feature
- Players should be prepared to wait a while to trigger the Free Spins feature. During our first test, it took us around 70 pulls to access the Free Spins mechanic via RNG, while our second attempt resulted in over 100 spins made before the Free Spins feature was triggered
Soju Bomb FAQs
- How volatile is the Soju Bomb slot?
- Soju Bomb’s volatility is medium, making for gameplay that strikes a balance between the slot’s risk factor and the rewards won. Although it is not as budget-friendly as games with low volatility, this slot is certainly more appropriate for cautious players who are put off by highly volatile games.
- Can I play Soju Bomb for free?
- Yes, you can wager with demo credits in the slot’s free-play version. Demo gameplay allows you to test out some of the features and functions of the slot, although the progressive jackpot can, naturally, only be won when you play with real funds.
- Are the Wild symbols available in the Free Spins feature?
- Yes, Wilds are not base game-exclusive. A Wild has a chance to appear on any spin you make while playing Soju Bomb. The only icon that cannot appear while complementary spins are underway is the Scatter.