Divine Fortune is a 2017 video slot release by NetEnt that takes you back to a mystical world populated by minotaurs, gorgons, and other spooky creatures from Greek mythology. The game appears pretty standard at first glance as it uses 5 reels, 3 rows, and 20 fixed paylines.The secret to its massive success lies in the wealth of special features it offers. Spinners will benefit from falling and expanding wilds, respins, free spins, and a bonus game that can award one of three jackpots. On top of these merits, Divine Fortune is aesthetically pleasing and impresses with polished graphics, nice animations, and mystical sound effects.
|Divine Fortune Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: NetEnt||Release Date: 2017|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Ancient civilizations|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 15 fixed lines||Free Spins: 12 Free Spins|
|Payout/RTP: 96.59%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Medium||Progressive Jackpot: Yes|
|Min Bet: 0.20||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 100||Max Win: 3000x|
Divine Fortune Theme
NetEnt developers went for a tried-and-tested theme that borrows heavily from mythology and antiquity. The game is set in an ancient temple where statues of goddesses guard the reel grid on each side. The symbols tie into the mythological theme incredibly well and feature instantly recognizable characters like Medusa, Pegasus, the Nemean Lion, and the Eagle of Zeus (Aetos Dios).
The five reels spin to the sounds of a dramatic soundtrack composed by the accomplished Swedish producer Joel Eriksson. Walls of Marble and Dream of the Unicorn are the two songs that play throughout the game. Divine Fortune fans can enjoy them separately on platforms like Spotify and Soundcloud.
How Divine Fortune Compares to Other Slot Games
Divine Fortune is hardly the only online slot that borrows its theme from the mythology of the ancient Greeks. One similar release that immediately comes to mind is the Age of the Gods slot from Playtech’s eponymous series. Similarly to Divine Fortune, it links to a multi-tiered progressive jackpot network, has 20 paylines, and features familiar characters like Hercules and Zeus. However, its RTP is lower than that of Divine Fortune at 95.02%.
More Similar Slots
- The Golden Owl of Athena by Betsoft
- Rise of Apollo by PG Soft
- Rise of Olympus by Play’n GO
Divine Fortune Symbols and Payouts
As per usual, Divine Fortune returns cash prizes for matches occurring from the leftmost to the rightmost reel on one or more paylines. The high payers all relate to the mythological theme of the slot and include the Medusa with venomous snakes for hair, the Nemean Lion, the Minotaur, and Aetos Dios.
Medusa carries the highest winning potential out of the four and awards 20, 80, and 600 the line bet for three to five matches. It is worth mentioning players must match at least three symbols to earn a payout, which is not the case in some other NetEnt slots where prizes are awarded for as little as two matches.
|Divine Fortune Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||2 Matches||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
|Eagle of Zeus||–||x14||x40||x200|
Bonus Features Overview
The special features incorporated into the gameplay are the key to the massive success of this 2017 slot release. Nothing is missing from this game, from falling wilds that trigger respins at no cost to free spins and a bonus game during which players can potentially win one of three jackpots.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
The bonus symbols with the lightning bolt and the gold coin act as scatters since they trigger the free spins and the jackpot game where players can earn progressive or instant cash prizes. The winged white stallion is wild. It substitutes regular icons to assist players in forming more winning combinations.
The wild stallion shifts down one position and triggers respins until it eventually disappears from the reels. If the stallion lands behind another wild, it activates the Wild on Wild feature and expands to cover the entire reel.
When three scatters with lightning bolts hit the reels simultaneously, the player is rewarded with a round of free spins. All substitution symbols that appear during the feature transform into expanding wilds, further increasing your chances of pocketing payouts. The number of triggering scatters determines how many free spins you get after you activate the feature.
- 3 scatters = 5 free spins
- 4 scatters = 8 free spins
- 5 scatters = 12 free spins
- An aesthetically pleasing slot with beautiful graphics
- Great bonus features
- Decent theoretical return for a progressive jackpot slot
- Players cannot retrigger the free spins
- The game lacks multipliers on wins
- Payouts in the base game are on the low side
- Does bet size impact the probability of winning a progressive jackpot?
- Yes, it does. The likelihood of winning the progressive jackpot correlates positively with the size of your wager. The more you bet, the greater the likelihood of ending your spinning session with the biggest of the three pots.
- Are all three jackpots progressive?
- Only the Mega jackpot is progressive, meaning that it continues to escalate with each bet players make until it eventually drops and resets to its initial seed amount. The Minor and Major jackpots award fixed prizes equal to 20x and 100x the activating bet, respectively.
- Does the jackpot reset to zero after it drops?
- No, the progressive jackpot in Divine Fortune resets to a predetermined seed value to incentivize spinners to keep on playing after it hits. The Mega jackpot starts seeding at €10,000, with 3.7% of each wager contributing to the growing prize.
Players must collect 3 gold coin symbols in the urn to the left of the reel grid to activate the jackpot bonus game. The collected coins are then randomly placed on the reels at the start of the feature. The coins have random cash values ranging from 10 to 200 times the bet level.
You are then granted three spins on a new 5×3 grid and must fill at least one full row with coins to win the Minor jackpot. Filling two rows rewards you with the Major jackpot, while three rows with scattered coins award the biggest of the three prizes, the progressive Mega pot.