Immortal Romance is a hauntingly beautiful online slot by Microgaming that became an instant hit upon its release in 2011. The game has aged incredibly well and is broadly considered a benchmark for all vampire-themed slots that came after its launch.
A classic in the Microgaming canon, this 243-ways slot relates the story of the vampires Michael and Troy and the human heroine Sarah, whose best friend Amber is desperately trying to protect her from harm. But it gets even better as the slot’s creators have dedicated a unique bonus feature to each of the four central characters in the Chamber of Spins.
|Immortal Romance Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Microgaming||Release Date: 2011|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Bloodsuckers, vampires theme|
|Reels: 5||Wild Symbols: Yes|
|Rows: 3||Scatters: Yes|
|Paylines: 243 ways to win||Free Spins: Yes|
|Payout/RTP: 96.86%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: High||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.30||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 30||Max Win: 12000x|
Immortal Romance Theme
It is blatantly obvious Microgaming’s developers have drawn inspiration from trite romantic fantasy flicks like Twilight that dominated the global box office in the early 2010s. Love and vampirism are the main motifs in Immortal Romance, which features four lead characters as symbols on the reels.
- Sarah – a human scientist who is searching for evidence to support her theory that aging is a curable disease of the blood.
- Amber – a witch descendant with supernatural abilities who is trying to protect her best friend Sarah.
- Michael – an 800-year-old vampire and professor of genetics who falls in love with Sarah but hides his true nature due to his fear of rejection.
- Troy – a vampire playboy who is unapologetic about his undead nature but remains loyal to his mentor Michael.
How Immortal Romance Compares to Other Slot Games
Immortal Romance is hardly the only video slot inspired by vampirism. One release that immediately comes to mind is Blood Eternal by Betsoft, a 6-reel slot with 30 paylines. Both games compel the attention with their gorgeous graphics, haunting sound effects, and engaging features. However, Immortal Romance has better-developed characters and storyline, greater theoretical return, and higher volatility than Blood Eternal.
More Similar Slots
- Blood Suckers by NetEnt
- Vampires vs Wolves by Pragmatic Play
- Wild Blood by Play’n GO
Immortal Romance Symbols and Payouts
Immortal Romance features eight high-paying symbols represented by the lead characters, spellbooks, castles, door knockers, and the game’s logo. The door knocker with the lion’s head is scattered and offers the most value, awarding up to 200 times the winning stake.
A, K, Q, J, 10, and 9 are the low payers in Immortal Romance and can yield maximum prizes of 5 times the total bet. Up to 243 winning ways are possible in Immortal Romance. Identical symbols produce payouts when appearing on adjacent reels from left to right. The scattered door knocker is the only exception to this rule as it pays in both directions.
|Immortal Romance Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Symbols||2 Matches||3 Matches||4 Matches||5 Matches|
Bonus Features Overview
The slot lacks a symbol-triggered bonus game but the developers have compensated for this omission with several rounds of free spins inspired by the four characters in this vampiric tale. Players are assisted in creating winning combinations by the wild Immortal Romance logo. A scatter is also incorporated into the gameplay.
Wild and Scatter Symbols
The wild Immortal Romance logo substitutes for all regular symbols except the scatter. The Wild Desire feature can trigger randomly on any spin to transform up to 5 reels into expanding wilds. The feature is unfortunately unavailable in free spins mode. The game’s scatter is represented by a golden door knocker shaped like a lion’s head. It triggers the free spins rounds and pays in both directions.
Players can anticipate four different free spins rounds in Immortal Romance as part of the Chamber of Spins feature. The feature activates when 3, 4, or 5 scattered door knockers appear simultaneously on any position on the reels. It starts with Amber’s round of free spins. Players must enter the Chamber several times to unlock Troy’s, Michael’s, and Sarah’s bonus features
- Amber’s feature is accessible from the 1st trigger, rewarding players with 10 free spins with 5x multipliers on the wins.
- Troy’s feature is available from the 5th trigger and awards 15 free spins with up to 6x multipliers on the wins. During the feature, bats fly across the reels to transform random symbols into 2x and 3x multipliers.
- Michael’s feature is accessible from the 10th trigger and comprises 20 free spins with rolling reels and up to 5x multipliers.
- Sarah’s feature activates after the 15th trigger and awards 25 free spins. A wild vine icon appears on the third reel to transform regular symbols into more wilds. Landing 2 to 5 scatters during the feature will trigger 1 to 4 additional free spins.
Pros & Cons of Immortal Romance
✅ What We Like about Immortal Romance
- The intriguing and well-developed storyline
- The four free spins rounds
- The ability to progress through the bonus features
❌ What We Dislike about Immortal Romance
- The slot lacks a pick-me bonus game
- Progressing through the free spins levels can be tough
- The game has higher volatility compared to other Microgaming slots
Immortal Romance FAQs
Is there a progressive jackpot in Immortal Romance?
The original version of Immortal Romance does not offer any progressive prizes. Microgaming recently remastered the slot and added it to their hugely popular Mega Moolah jackpot network, along with games like Atlantean Treasures and Fortunium.
What is the maximum win in Immortal Romance?
The maximum win players can achieve in Immortal Romance is 12,000 times the total bet. Those who choose the newly remastered version can land a multi-million progressive jackpot that often escalates to eight-figure amounts.
Can I play Immortal Romance with demo credits?
A demo version of Immortal Romance is broadly available at most Microgaming-powered casinos. Players can test the slot on different devices as it has been optimized for desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones.