To say that The Last Quack is unconventional would be an understatement. In this 95% RTP slot, the gambling software studio Mancala Gaming has forgone the structure of traditional reels altogether, instead opting for mobile reels, a target-based gameplay, and visuals that will easily spice up one’s gambling sessions. The aesthetics of the slot are another highlight, as nostalgic pixel art evokes the duck-hunting arcade games of the 80s. Of course, this does not mean that the technology behind The Last Quack is also old-school. The slot is powered by HTML5, ensuring that whether at home or on the go, slot buffs will be able to enjoy everything The Last Quack has to offer while playing on their smartphones.
|The Last Quack Slot Summary|
|Game Provider: Mancala Gaming||Release Date: 2023|
|Game Type: Video Slot||Theme(s): Arcade Games, Birds Theme, Hunting|
|Reels: 10||Wild Symbols: No|
|Rows: 1||Scatters: No|
|Paylines: 1 fixed line||Free Spins: No|
|Payout/RTP: 95%||Bonus Game: Yes|
|Volatility Level: Low||Progressive Jackpot: No|
|Min Bet: 0.25||Autoplay: Yes|
|Max Bet: 22.50||Max Win: 220x|
The Last Quack Theme
The Last Quack can easily be seen as a love letter to the arcade duck shooting games that were all the rage at retro gaming halls. From its pixelated graphics to the way hitting the targets is how winning is achieved, The Last Quack will be a nostalgia-inducing game for many casino enthusiasts. Even the laughing duck that appears when the Bonus Game is triggered is a nod to the famous laughing dog of classic arcade games.
Mancala Gaming’s art department has done an amazing job with the pixel artwork of the slot, and the animation also looks fantastic. Another point towards the game’s already strong charm factor is the adorable otter that occasionally surfaces on the lake of The Last Duck’s landscape backdrop. We cannot neglect to praise the slot’s authentic sound effects, along with the playful song of the base game, and the intense rock track of the Bonus Game.
Finally, another interesting detail of The Last Quack is its bloody mode, which, as suggested, includes bloody effects when a target is hit and when the Bonus Game is triggered. This mode is enabled by default, but casino mavens who would prefer more light-hearted visuals can turn it off if they wish.
How The Last Quack Compares to Other Slot Games
For many casino devotees, The Last Quack will be a completely novel iGaming experience thanks to the fact that its layout appears to be reel-less at first. In all actuality however, the reels are technically the symbols themselves, which are mobile and fly on the screen once the player starts playing.
The gameplay is fairly straightforward: if a target is hit during gameplay, the player is treated to the given duck symbol’s payout. Those who used to frequent the arcade halls of the latter half of the 20th century will find this gameplay loop familiar, as duck hunting arcade machines are the inspiration behind this 1-payline slot’s gameplay and retro graphics.
As for other mechanics that are of note, The Last Quack’s volatility level is quite low, making it excellent for players on a budget. The slot also features a bonus game, which is another plus. Our only concerns have to do with the 5% house edge, which is something plenty of slot buffs are not used to, given how the industry average is typically 4% or less. The largest win of 220 times one’s wager is also low.
More similar slots:
- Duck Shooter by Gamomat
- Free Reelin Joker by Play’n GO
- Scruffy Duck™ by NetEnt
- Master Joker by Pragmatic Play
The Last Quack Symbols and Payouts
Each time the player initiates a round, 10 ducks appear on the game’s layout, and shots are fired at random. Winnings are then evaluated depending on the number of ducks hit, along with the duck symbols’ own respective values.
The White Duck icons are the best symbols, granting the player a payout of their wager times 0.4 per hit. In contrast, the Golden Duck has the lowest payout at 0.04x. Although these payouts seem low at first glance, gaming devotees should keep in mind that multipliers may also affect the wins and thus increase the reward granted.
|The Last Quack Winning Combinations and Payouts|
|Dark Green Duck||0.32x|
|Light Green Duck||0.02x|
|Male Mallard Duck||0.16x|
Bonus Features Overview
The Last Quack offers straightforward gameplay, with the three main features including the Star Scatter, the Prize Reel, and the Super Stake™. The Spin to Win™ Progressive Jackpot feature is what makes this slot stand out from the rest in the fruit-themed genre. Let us now examine the features in greater detail and see what Stakelogic has in store for classic slot lovers.
Wilds and Scatters
Seeing as The Last Quack’s gameplay is fairly novel, the slot did not lend itself to traditional feature-related icons like Wilds or Scatters. The only symbols that appear during the base game are the ordinary paying icons. As for the Bonus game, this mode does feature one unique symbol: the Special Target. Players lucky enough to hit this symbol can enjoy additional complimentary rounds.
This is a mode that is triggered when a wagered round ends with 0 hit targets. This feature comprises multiple free rounds where 1 or more targets fly on the screen. Only a single duck can be hit, and all wins are affected by a multiplier of x5.
The initial number of free rounds is 10, but players can win more rounds that are free of charge as this feature is underway. This is achieved whenever the Special Symbol appears and is hit, granting the player 5 additional rounds of the Bonus Game.
A multiplier is applied to a base game round when at least 7 targets were shot during the said round. Depending on the exact number of hit targets a player lucks out on, the following multipliers can be granted:
- Over 6 Targets Hit – 2x multiplier
- Over 8 Targets Hit – x8 multiplier
- All 10 Targets Hit – x100 multiplier
As shown earlier, another mechanic that involves a multiplier is the Bonus Game. There, all rounds come with an x5 multiplier.
Pros & Cons of The Last Quack
- The Bonus Game can be purchased thanks to the Buy Bonus function
- Low volatility
- The Last Quack’s gameplay and graphics are unique
- The Last Quack’s RTP of is 1% lover than the industry average
- All icons have relatively low values
- The bloody mode is enabled by default, which could catch some players off-guard
The Last Quack FAQs
- How much does the Bonus Game cost if bought via Buy Bonus?
- If you wish to enter the Bonus Game immediately, it will cost you your bet times 10. The Bonus Game activated will guarantee 10 free rounds, but whether you will be able to win additional rounds from the Special Symbol is still reliant on RNG.
- Does The Last Quack have autospin?
- The game does indeed come with an autospin function. It comes with several options, seeing as you can enable the turbo spin function, determine the total bet, decide how many autospins will play (up to 100), and whether you wish autoplay to stop when the Bonus Game is triggered. Advanced options, such as setting up a loss limit or a win limit, are also available.
- Can I turn off the bloody effects?
- Yes, you will find a button that allows you to switch between the bloody and the normal modes near the multiplier counter during the base game. It remains in the same spot during the Bonus Game, except instead of the multiplier progress bar, it is near the Free Rounds counter.