If you enjoy playing classic slots, you will very much appreciate Capecod’s Stardust Evolution. Inspired by old-school slot machines, the slot incorporates symbols like gems, 7s, and BARs, taking players into space where payouts may turn out to be out of this world. The slot’s grid spreads across five reels and three rows, with 10 adjustable paylines offering pretty decent payouts.
Stardust Evolution is a fun classic slot that features a special Wild that can also trigger the game’s Free Spin feature. At first glance, this is a rather simple slot, but when you have a few spinning rounds, you will quickly notice how many chances there are for extra fun and fruitful wins.
|Stardust Evolution Slot Summary
|Game Provider: Capecod
|Release Date: 2015
|Game Type: Video Slot
|Theme(s): Classic style, Space
|Wild Symbols: Yes
|Paylines: 10 adjustable lines
|Free Spins: Yes
|Bonus Game: No
|Volatility Level: Medium
|Progressive Jackpot: No
|Min Bet: 0.01
|Max Bet: 20
|Max Win: 500x
Stardust Evolution Theme
As the name of the slot suggests, Stardust Evolution is a game with a galactical theme. The background behind the slot’s grid will reveal a galaxy with bright stars, taking you to outer space. Meanwhile, the symbols used in the game are inspired by old-school slot machines. You will have different gems, BAR icons, and iconic 7s spinning on the reels of this classic slot, bringing the traditional slot experience to the comfort of your home. With immersive sounds and crisp graphics, you can easily find yourself in outer space, chasing starry and generous wins.
How Stardust Evolution Compares to Other Slot Games
When you take a look at Stardust Evolution, it is impossible to find some similarities with slots provided by other software providers. The slot is very similar to NetEnt’s Starburst, with the theme and the features of one title being quite analogous to the concept and functions included in the other slot. That said, Capecod has decided to allow players to adjust the number of lines they place their wager on. That feature can help slot players to regulate the risk levels and opt for a smaller number of active paylines if they do not feel like risking their bet to cover all 10 lines.
Maybe the game’s creators have opted for a minimalistic design but Stardust Evolution does not include a wide range of special symbols. Instead, a single galaxy symbol will act both as Wild and as Scatter, unlocking different special functions of the game.
More Similar Slots:
- Starburst by NetEnt
- Gem Star by Amatic
- Berryburst by NetEnt
- Space Gem by Wazdan
Stardust Evolution Symbols and Payouts
The 10 adjustable paylines of Stardust Evolution will grant a payout every time three or more identical symbols land on the same line. The great thing about the way this slot grants payouts is that all 10 lines pay both ways. This means that paying combinations can start from the far left reel as well as from the rightmost reel.
Since the game is reminiscent of classic slot machines, Capecod’s team has chosen old-school icons like 7s, BARs, and gems for the symbols spinning on Stardust Evolution’s reels. Gems in different shapes and colors will represent the low-value and mid-range symbols, while the 7 and the BAR icons will grant the highest payouts.
|Stardust Evolution Winning Combinations and Payouts
Bonus Features Overview
Although inspired by classic fruit machines, Stardust Evolution has added one special symbol to its gameplay. Thanks to the Wild symbol, players can complete winning lines and land better payouts. What is more, the Wild can unlock the one special feature of Stardust Evolution and enjoy up to three re-spins on a single betting round.
Wilds and Scatters
Unlike slots with a wide range of regular and special symbols, Stardust Evolution has decided to incorporate only a few paying icons and a single special symbol in its gameplay. The galaxy symbol can appear only on the middle three reels, expanding to cover the entire corresponding reel when it hits the game’s grid. Since the galaxy icon acts as an Expanding Wild, it can substitute for multiple symbols and complete winning combinations both ways.
Every time an Expanded Wild hits a reel, it will trigger the Re-Spin feature of the slot. During the re-spin, the special Wild will remain stuck on its respective reel. If another Wild hits one of the remaining middle reels, the feature will be retriggered, awarding another re-spin. The maximum number of re-spins that can be triggered in a single betting round is capped at three, requiring all three middle reels to be covered in Expanding Wilds.
Excluding the Re-Spin feature, Stardust Evolution does not include another bonus feature that grants free spins. With that said, the Wild acting as a Scatter can trigger up to three consecutive re-spin, which may also count as free spins as they may award multiple wins without charging another bet other than the one that has triggered the feature.
Pros & Cons of Stardust Evolution
- The slot features expanding Wilds
- Paylines pay both ways
- The number of active paylines can be adjusted
- Includes only one bonus feature
- The game’s design is quite simple
- Wilds can trigger only up to three re-spins
Stardust Evolution FAQs
- What is Stardust Evolution’s Volatility Level?
- Stardust Evolution is a video slot with medium volatility. This means that decent payouts are landed every now and then, giving players a rather good potential return in the long run. Compared to high-volatility slots where payouts can be quite scarce, medium volatility ensures more gaming rounds with somewhat good wins.
- What is Stardust Evolution’s RTP?
- Stardust Evolution has an RTP of 96.02%, which is a rather decent rate for a video slot. Compare that percentage to the potential return that most video slots offer and you will notice that anything above 96% is considered a good long-term potential return.
- What Does it Mean that Paylines in Stardust Evolution Pay Both Ways?
- Instead of having to match each symbol three or more times on a line that starts from the leftmost reel, you can enjoy a win even when three or more symbols are matched the other way around. This doubles your chances of landing a win, as each winning line can also start from the far right reel and continue to adjacent reels to the left.